V11 Battery Replacement

V11UK

My original 1999 battery has finally died and I'm looking for a replacement. What are you guys using?

Shopping around, the alternatives are:

Westco YTX15L-BS @ £69

Varley Red Top 20 @ £90

Hawker Genesis G13 @ £98

Genuine Guzzi part number 01 70 45 01 @ £120

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawker Odyssey. Not sure which model - will look see. They have a lot of cranking power, hold a charge for a very long time without any attention, but I think have quite a low capacity? I've been impressed anyhow. It's a gel battery - can be mounted any way up apparently (ooo-errr!!!).

KB :sun:

Hi Chris

I'll second Keith's recommendation.

I bought mine from Motorworks in Meltham- they knew which model would fit.

You have to phone and reserve these days if you want to collect it rather than have it delivered.

Guy :helmet:

I was wondering if these can be used ok in the older bikes, instead of a monster lead acid? After being used to the V.11 battery, the old-type 30Ah lead-acid is huge, I don't remember ever having a bike battery that big before. I had to get one as the lash-up of 2 smaller batteries didn't come close to cranking an 850.

Hawker Odyssey. Not sure which model - will look see. They have a lot of cranking power, hold a charge for a very long time without any attention, but I think have quite a low capacity? I've been impressed anyhow. It's a gel battery - can be mounted any way up apparently (ooo-errr!!!).

82309[/snapback]

I am very happy with yuasa, my 8ah yuasa lasted 9 years:

Guzzi recommends this one:

YUASA YTZ12S

That fits, only + and - are other way arround, but there is room to move cables to the other side.

I was wondering if these can be used ok in the older bikes, instead of a monster lead acid? After being used to the V.11 battery, the old-type 30Ah lead-acid is huge, I don't remember ever having a bike battery that big before. I had to get one as the lash-up of 2 smaller batteries didn't come close to cranking an 850.

82316[/snapback]

Helen had one already fitted (to the bike not her) when she bought Mal's old Le Mans V and it was fine.

Hi V11, when my battery threw it's hand in before xmas I replaced it with a hawker odyssey pc545, the bike starts easier, especially with the cold lately. The best price I could find was a company in north wales called Tayna electrical supplies

www.tayna.co.uk with vat and postage £77.46. It was delivered within a day or so and no problems.

Cheers Gary :bier:

I am very happy with yuasa, my 8ah yuasa lasted 9 years:

Guzzi recommends this one:

YUASA YTZ12S

That fits, only + and - are  other way arround, but there is room to move cables to the other side.

82317[/snapback]

I use the Yuasa too, available everywhere.

I use the Yuasa too, available everywhere.

82403[/snapback]

[Late as usual] I am now using a Yuasa specified for a V11 LeMans - no idea what year: I had to fiddle a bit to get it to fit my Sport, but it's cheap! [Less than £40 here] and they do seem to last well compared to other cheap types.

Yeh. I have one on the Tonti. I'll have to check which one tho.

82404[/snapback]

Belfast, the battery I put in the Tonti is a PC625 (Hawker Odyssey) - v.small (frees up a lot of space under the seat), works great, loads of cranking power. Sat for months w/o any charging - started up straight away ...dunno how long they last as it's only been in a year or so. Don't think a std trickle charger works on these (there's a thread on this somewhere) but then they don't appear to need it, & they don't have a lot of capacity.

Belfast, the battery I put in the Tonti is a PC625 (Hawker Odyssey) - v.small (frees up a lot of space under the seat), works great, loads of cranking power. Sat for months w/o any charging - started up straight away ...dunno how long they last as it's only been in a year or so. Don't think a std trickle charger works on these (there's a thread on this somewhere) but then they don't appear to need it, & they don't have a lot of capacity.

83106[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

Guest golden goose

Hey SoCal guzzisti,

I have nursed 4 years out of my stock 02 LeMans spaghetti battery. What are you folks using and where do you get them?

DaGoose