Guzzi Sport Exhaust

Guest Buddy

nuthin' like dredging up an old thread :helmet:

after waiting WAY to long for Mistrals to arrive (they haven't), I'm going for the Guzzi cans/ecu/stucci combo. The addition of the new ecu to my PCIII should help me really dial the bike in. Should have it done by the end of Feb... The upswept look doesn't bother me at all.

so..the main thing I wanted with the Mistrals was the carbon fiber look..I love the 'black' look of the stock cans...sooooo....can I do a poweder coating kinda thing to the cans to make them a satin black color????????

anyone with any photos??? :pic:

I went for:

Stucci X-over, open box, Ferraci carbon slip-ons, PC with the map copied from Todd.

The loudest, meanest sound possible, faultless carburation (I did some peresonalized tweaking and it is perfect, really is) and I can still keep my Techno bags!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did Staintune start making a full kit for the Sport?

I've checked their webpage repeatedly over the last year(not in the last couple months though) for a full system, and the only system they show is for the Centauro, Cruisers, and Sport1100/Daytona :huh2:

According to their website, they only make the cans for the V11 Sport/LeMans.

http://www.staintune.com.au/exhausts/moto_guzzi/index.htm

al

I'm really serious about this kit. I would probably be less a problem to run afoul to the factory warranty.

One thing I really want to know is whether it will omit the possibility of using the factory available Techno bags which I have? I know that part of the kit includes bracketry to move the passenger footpegs/muffler mounts. I am assuming that the exhaust is moved around, and probably up.

Ciao, Steve G.

Are these MG Ti exhausts advertised somewhere? I don't see them on the MG site – maybe I don' know where to look.

BTW, I've seen claims of lighter weight for MG's 'carbon fibre' exhaust as fitted to Scura etc (MG's press release?) but surely they must actually be heavier than standard. Aren't they just standard silencers covered in black fabric?

Under V11 Sport Accessories:

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/accessories/v1...m/titanium.html

And yes, AFAIK, all the OEM exhausts are basically the same for the various V11 Sport varieties. The only difference is the "skin" that slides over the silencer body, whether silver or black anodized aluminum, or a carbon fiber sleeve. The innards are the same heavy LaFranconi core.

al

Guest dkgross
her silver or black anodized aluminum, or a carbon fiber sleeve. The innards are the same heavy LaFranconi core.

if you look at the new V11's on Moto I's floor, the mufflers have LaFranconi stamped on them :)

That's true, they all should... LaFranconi makes the stock exhausts for the V11 Sport/LeMans :D

Although on the carbon-fiber sleeved versions, I don't know if "LaFranconi" is clearly marked on them anywhere other than perhaps a decal?? ...as it's hard to "stamp" anything in the carbon sleeves :blink: Maybe on the end-cap?? I dunno.

I've never looked at them closely...

al

Thanks again Al

Right enough, I do remember seeing this on the Guzzi site before. I don't know what happened last night. It was a different computer and maybe brought up an old page from the cache: or my eyesight just failed me.

The site I use is motoguzz.it and then select the English version. It has a different display for the Accessories from your American site.

It emphasises very heavily that these are NOT to be used on the public road ("- It MUST NOT BE USED on any motor vehicle that is EVER used on pubblic roadways or trails. Such use is illegal." - and there's lots more like that), which I think is why I didn't look too closely when I first saw them and then forgot they were there.

BTW, LaFranconi is stamped on the end-cap of the sleeved silencers as far as I remember, without going to check. In my ignorance I at first thought I was getting something a bit special (more special than stock parts) with the bike. In fact I imagine these parts must be pretty heavy. I'll find out soon when I do a first proper service and start taking bits off.

The Guzzi 'own brand' sports exhaust system seems a good idea-but can it be fitted without raising the height? I'd like to retain my Tekno pannier system.

Could anyone help?

That's an excellent question! The MG Ti system certainly comes with different hangars that raise the cans, and eliminate the passenger pegs... but I wonder if the stock hangars could be employed?

I suspect they could, but it really depends on how much one can rotate the cans upon their "lead in" tubes. After all, conversely, in some places in Europe where regulations limit aftermarket mods, it is very common to retain the stock cans and install high-mount brackets... and it works, although they are a bit twisted of course.

Someone who buys the Ti kit should give it a try with the standard hangars and see how well it works out :huh2:

al

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dkgross

:wub:

Damn.. I feel like I've got a brand new bike. Today, Moto Int put on the Guzzi cans and computer, a Stucci x-over, and a Signal Minder for turnsignal auto-cancel and fulltime running lights. Also disposed of some pesky EPA parts, and fixed the tank-suck issues :)

Jason did a great job, as usual.

WOW. :sun: What a HUGE difference. The sound is great. Not to loud, but nice and throaty. The main impressive thing is how much smoother the powercurve is. NO dips, flat spots, or sudden power peaks. Just a nice, linear smooth powerband, all the way up to redline. And lots more low end grunt. And I love the feel of de-acceleration as well...No jumps or spikes. Hopefully the weather will hold and I'll get to put a few hundred miles on tomorrow and check the gas mileage (as if I really give a damn.... :doh: )

so...make sure to check the 'spare parts' are of the classifieds :) I'll be selling my OEM cans and older PCIII (non-usb version) to whomever wants to make me a fair offer.