32mpg? You gotta be kidding me!

rocker59

My bike is pretty much stock except for k&n pod filters. I usually get mileage thats in the upper thirties. Yesterday I went for a 100 mile trip & just rode the speed limit. I got back home, filled it up @ 124 miles with just 2.6 gallons of gas. According to my cheapo solar powered calculator thats about 47 mpg. YMMV of course.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad

I can get mid forties from my V11 without unduly restricting my riding. (UK Gallon)

However, my Buell XB12 easily does 10-15mpg better without trying at all.

I can get mid forties from my V11 without unduly restricting my riding. (UK Gallon)

However, my Buell XB12 easily does 10-15mpg better without trying at all.

87836[/snapback]

yeah who knows??? its all smoke and mirrors I bet. :wacko:

Guest vikingbike

I know your pain! I just bought a near-new 04 Cafe Sport (1,300 mi) in February and have been getting 32 mpg, regardless of how I ride it: puttering around town or blasting twisities at 6,000 rpm. I have 3,300 mi now and no real change yet... Hopefully things will improve soon!

I have 3,600 miles on mine and I get 32 miles per US gallon -- which is around 40 miles per Imperial gallon. This is hard riding, I probably do better cruising at 100 km/h.

Nogbad - which gallon are you referring to? Imperial, I expect.

• 10 months later...
Guest h8chains

2200 on the clock, mostly stock except for the staintune cans. 31mpg on city and twisties combined. No freeway driving.

On my 02 Cal SS, dynolinking the PCIII improved my mileage to 45mpg from 37ish, have open airbox, x-over and LaFranconi's on my Lemans, got 30-35 mpg before x-over, open airbox and PCIII dynolinked tuned. After mods, gets the same mileage, but runs awesome, I suspect the crappy california modded gas to account for a few mpg. I ride with a gent who has a fairly stock 1000S, he consistently gets 50 mpg regardless of how fast we're going, better than his 78 850T3 he bought new. Range is my only concern, I still suspect I cant get the last half gallon out of my Lemans..

MPG improved when my Nero Corsa passed 5,000 miles...

On the highway it's getting 38mpg-42mpg.

On sporty rides here in The Hills, it's returning 35mpg-37mpg...

The odometer is now approaching 10,000 miles. I've put over 7,000 miles on it since buying it a year ago.

• 3 months later...
Guest h8chains

2200 on the clock, mostly stock except for the staintune cans. 31mpg on city and twisties combined. No freeway driving.

Still in the stock form but nearing 4k on the odometer. Mileage has significantly improved....40+mpg.

With Quat-D and Cliff's My15M (running closed loop) my KR actually betters 53/44 Imp/US mpg (5,4 litres/100km). The engine now has 43000 miles plus on the clock. No problems with it so far.

These are very good numbers IMHO. Most of my fellow riders overhere never better 40/33 mpg. That seems to be quite common.

Hubert

Still in the stock form but nearing 4k on the odometer. Mileage has significantly improved....40+mpg.

I wonder how much of that is break-in and how much of that is change of tune :huh2:

With Quat-D and Cliff's My15M (running closed loop) my KR actually betters 53/44 Imp/US mpg (5,4 litres/100km). The engine now has 43000 miles plus on the clock. No problems with it so far.

These are very good numbers IMHO. Most of my fellow riders overhere never better 40/33 mpg. That seems to be quite common.

Hubert

I did not notice an improvement in MPG when I switched from OEM to Quat-D, but I did lose about 2MPG when I gave up on the Quat-D :(

I think I can tune boy the ECU for better MPG, if I could just get around to it.

That's what I like most on the Quat-D, besides its look and sound. You can run the engine perfectly lean with it. Actually I have the map tuned to AFRs between 14.4 and 15.4. At higher revs and wider throttle I let it go down to 13.5 . No pinging, of course!

I really do like this setup (you would probably say you love it :) )

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

I just hit 13K miles...finally got things sorted out and have been getting right at 42 and a half mpg...up from a consistent 38 before tinkering with PCIII to lean mixture a bit. k

I have a 2001 Rosso Mandello with 40,000km's on clock and was returning about 190/200km before fuel light came on with about 5litres in reserve.

On advice from Pete Roper I had the engine heat sensor removed and replaced with the heat transmitting grease and immediately improved consumption to about 30 km's extra per tank, its not that much but that sensor really does have an effect.

May look a a PC later as a friends has a Scura with one and his consumption and power delivery is far better than mine. :2c:

You'd have to be talking about Mark Gilmore's bike wouldn't you? There can't be many Guzzis in Kempsey. Probably just the 2 of you.

If so, its not a PC its my My15M.

If its not Mark ( gawd 3 guzzis in kempsey? ) then you might want to track him down.