Enzo's V11 'Cobra' project update

Enzo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slug - have we met?

93015[/snapback]

Nope, not that I'm aware of, but I really want to hook up with some fellow Guzzi riders in Seattle. I've had my bike two years and while I've seen many Guzzis around, I haven't met any of the riders...

Tom, you've given me yet another wonderful idea. 

I think I'd like a set of color tyres. 

Why not take it to the next level.

92943[/snapback]

Coloured tyres – phooey!

Seashell decoration is the next level.

shellbody.jpg

My  :2c: is that the board needs more people like Enzo who arent afraid to take risks & be different. While I agree that the color scheme is a little bizarre, I like the inspiration that has gone into it. I think creative people should be encouraged to express their art in any way that seems fit. The fact that he's doing it with a bike design that I like is all the better. Aside from the paint thats a pretty sweet custom v11.  :thumbsup:

92866[/snapback]

:stupid:

It is sooooo easy to give your opinion, hanging on the couch with your laptop. Not only this forum does it, it is human. But if someone goes out and makes his bike like he wants it, it deserves an applause. I would not make the same mods, but it inspires me to think about my own bike in another way. For example: don't like the blue on the exhaust, but what would dark green do? Without seeing his bike, I would never think of other colors than grey or black...

So move on, let's be positive about the effort, and honest about how we think it looks.

:rasta:

The blue is just an experiment. I can have the pipes re-coated in a day any time I wish. The place is nearby and I know the guys. The pipes have been gloss black, flat black, titanium, grey and now blue. I have patience with these things.

The main thing is - is that my bike is a very strong V11. You can see that by what Field says about it. And keep this in mind - this past weekend it was running badly. I need a new map. My map is all over the place and the bike is running crappy. Yet IT STILL OUTRUNS A STOCK V11 WITH NO PROBLEM. That is what I like about it.

Do we have someone on this forum who could give a psychological profile of the owner using pics of the different V11 projects? Should be interesting!

You can start with me and my bike :)

fairing1.jpg

93591[/snapback]

I'm sure Freud will notice the large white phallic oil filter, The gold horns like breasts, the alternator cover reminisant of a pregnant womans belly.

and my laymans interpretation is you're a hermaphrodite :D

peepwall1.gif

Do we have someone on this forum who could give a psychological profile of the owner using pics of the different V11 projects? Should be interesting!

You can start with me and my bike :) . . .

I've had quite a go with ye olde aprilia . . . took alot of heat over the "sticker fetish!" :grin:

47216768-e082-02000180-.jpg

47216805-bfc4-02000180-.jpg

47216803-29c1-02000180-.jpg

That external oil filter is just like my Honda.  The stupidest thing about these bikes is the oil filter inside the sump.  That is just flat-out moronic.

93609[/snapback]

As one mechanic Proper-ly pointed out: "that's what you get for riding a bike w/ an engine originally designed without one!"

;)

That's about the only reason I even look at those deep-vee sumps twice: having 1st started riding in the dirt, I consider willingly giving up ground clearance to be a "very bad thing!"

:luigi:

Ride on!

:mg:

That external oil filter is just like my Honda.  The stupidest thing about these bikes is the oil filter inside the sump.  That is just flat-out moronic.

93609[/snapback]

That's the STUPIDEST thing you can think of about these bikes? :rolleyes:

You're not trying very hard :whistle:

:lol:

...still loving the bikes, even with their faults.