• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SantaFeRider

Fond of whiskey, but rather unschooled. 1 st generation Irish-American so gravitate towards the Irish, naturally. Can't stand Bushmills, like Jamesons.

Have tried Glenlivet, didn't like it, but liked Glennfiddich. Have been told that neither is very good, though.

Will try to banish from my mind the vision of Scots standing above open vats of single malt in kilts and stirring away. (I know some of them must pee when they cough.) -_-

What's a good beginners entrance into the murky world of single-malt scotch?

Oh, I'm half German, too, that makes me a very precise drunk. :P

fish

a good beginner's singlemalt is the Royal Lochnagar. Very mellow, not extremely peaty and well rounded. Distillery is next to Balmoral, so only one allowed to leak in the mash is Charlie Boy.

• 4 weeks later...

Whisky drinking music, have a listen to, now this is going back in time 1972, Scotlands finest ever rock band, track Isobel Goudie album Next the story of one of the last witches to be hanged in Scotland about 200 metres from my house. The band ,The Sensational Alex Harvey Band sadley Alex's is long dead but the band live on if you get the chance to see them live do.

I remember Alex Harvey and Hawkwind were next to each other in the import music bin at the record shop. I started listening about 1972 and still have SAHB on vinyl but havn't listened to it for a few years now.

I think I'll partake of a little of the water of life myself!!

Thank you, Mac!!

Jim

ISOBEL GOUDIE

PART 1

THE VIRGIN AND THE HUNTER

And the virgin and the hunter

They laid together in the night

Isobel Goudie

Isobel Goudie

She does not do the things she should

PART 2

LADY OF THE NIGHT

Isobel Goudie feels so good

She does not do the things that she should

She was going to the fare

Isobel Goudie

She met a stranger there

Isobel Goudie

Isobel Goudie

Isobel Goudie

Selling time with no remission (?)

A scaly member

with a cold emission

She raised her eyes up to the sky

She crossed her heart

And she hoped to die

Isobel Goudie

Isobel Goudie

Isobel Goudie

She is my Lady of the night

She does not do the things

She does not do the things

PART 3

COITUS INTERRUPTUS

Belladonna

Holy water

ashes to ashes

dust to dust

Coitus interruptus

Fire to fire

and

blood to blood

• 2 weeks later...

Me good woman, bless her heart and other parts, bought me a nice blend of Johnnie Walker Blue for my birthday. Nice since I was expecting a shop-vac and last year I got a broke leg from my dirt bike . . .

She seemed to think it would last longer since it was pricey . . . I think I'll have another.

Here's one to you good chaps. :drink:

Call me Crazy but there is something about a Jack & Coke, I fricken love the stuff, I have a 1.75 of Knob but gotta have Jack around, nothin beats Jack. :thumbsup:

and if you want to get technical ANY grain distilled alcohol is Whisky, Everclear is a Whisky, so layoff me aight, I'm american I have a right to bad taste :lol:

"Whiskey" or Whisky(hwis-kee): an alcoholic liquor distilled from a fermented mash of grain, as barley, rye, or corn, and usually containing from 43 to 50 percent alcohol.

Go to Australia. They have it premixed in cans, bottles or on tap. Better than Bundy's I reckon but not much!

By the way does this mean there is no such thing as bourbon anymore?

bourbon is a whisky from burbon county, as in champagne is from well you get the point. but thats all a bunch of hooey as the stuff comes from all over. :huh2: