Time I got a stumper*

Guest Nogbad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a Soviet IZh 344-A based on the IZh Jupiter 350. As far as I know it is a factory race bike, the engine is a tuned Jupiter twin fitted with Czech Zukov carbs. 36hp 180km/h

The closest anyone came was Hubert with his suggestion of an Adler because in fact the Jupiter twin design was based on the Adler, the Soviet industry at the time tending to copy rather than to design for itself from scratch.

See about half way down this page.

Autosoviet

What_.jpg

Well that's a piece of crap model , not even worth to mention.It can be used as a target for my nice Winchester b025.gif , and together with a mix of gas tank over it e065.gif , it can create a nice explosion. g015.gif . That's what it is

The fact that I see 4 pages on his thread and not the half about GMG in a Guzzi forum shows me the level.... e020.gif ....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great site, Nogbad, thanks for the hint!

Being interested in 30ies and 40ies aeroplanes since my early days I had to learn that the russians created things at least as interesting and in their times modern as we in germany did. If you go closer into detail you'll find that their products were more but copies. Quality mostly was and is something different, of course.

It's always interesting to jump over your shadow and explore new horizons.

uralwar2.jpg

Guest Nogbad

Well that's a piece of crap model , not even worth to mention.It can be used as a target for my nice Winchester b025.gif , and together with a mix of gas tank over it e065.gif , it can create a nice explosion. g015.gif . That's what it is

The fact that I see 4 pages on his thread and not the half about GMG in a Guzzi forum shows me the level.... e020.gif ....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't really see what you are objecting to. Seems to me this was a popular and legitimate quiz that had a lot of takers. OK I admit it was a couple of days before I managed to dredge up a good picture of the engine and one of the bike from a different angle, and I apologise for that.

If you are going to run a quiz forum, confining it to MG history would soon cause us to run out of material, and the likelihood of getting a stumper would be small.

Given that we have had bicycle racing pace bikes and obscure stuff like that, I was somewhat surprised that this one turned out to be a stump. But then I have an unhealthy interest in Soviet bikes that isn't shared by many.

So, sorry if you didn't think this quiz was in the spirit of the forum.