Nicky Hayden Monument!!!!!!!!

Owensboro, KY.......

Mayor Jeb Franklin announced to day that the city of Owensboro -- in concert with the KY state government -- are planning to erect a 1 square block -- SIX STORY -- monument to Nicky Hayden's 2006 Moto GP world championship.

"I know there's some folk who think it's kinda inappropriate, what with all the poverty and stuff goin' on around here," said Mayor Franklin, "But -- long-term -- we feel this is the right thing to do."

Ned Fortson, Owensboro's Treasurer for 33 years, has refused comment.

Owensboro, KY.......

Mayor Jeb Franklin announced to day that the city of Owensboro -- in concert with the KY state government -- are planning to erect a 1 square block -- SIX STORY -- monument to Nicky Hayden's 2006 Moto GP world championship.

"I know there's some folk who think it's kinda inappropriate, what with all the poverty and stuff goin' on around here," said Mayor Franklin, "But -- long-term -- we feel this is the right thing to do."

"Who the heck is Jeb Frankin?!!?!?!!!!!!" said Mayor Watson

Watson.jpg

:2c:

Owensboro, KY.......

he must be the only thing they've had since davy crocket. :huh2: more famous than bourbon :unsure:

:D he looks like an exposed pedaphile on court day. :ninja:

Nah! He looks like one of those con-artist televangelists.... oh, suddenly realised, that's the same thing isn't it?

Just so everybody knows, I'm actually very proud of Nicky. I was just having some fun with the (hopefully) obviously fake news blurb.

With Max out of the series, I found myself pulling for Nicky most of the time -- and, after the Pedrosa incident -- I REALLY wanted him to win.

Winning the championship will give him CONFIDENCE -- and that can take a roadracer a long way.

And, by the way, the horse country near Lexington, Kentucky is some of the most beautiful scenery in North America.

Gee, the author in the above link has little good to say about anybody it seems. His specialty is "damning with faint praise..."

In my book, the title goes to the guy who won the most points in a season and that was Nicky. He is not flashy, maybe that is why he seems to not be getting as much respect as one might think.

On another note: should we be expecting a new crop of 800cc sport bikes soon in the stores? I see the new Honda 800cc is a 4 banger....but they claim decent low end performance