New Guzzis at Milan

Guzzirider

EICMA 2006  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which new model(s) should Guzzi reveal in Milan this month?

• 125bhp road legal MGS01
    • Sports bike with Aprilia V Twin engine
    • Stelvio enduro based tourer
    • 1200cc versions of Griso / Breva
    • 260bhp V8 800cc Moto GP bike
    • Tractor with detuned 750 motor for ploughing them fields

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for MGS-01.

What we'll probably see is a "Stelvio" or "Quota" that is basically a Norge with dual sport tyres.

Maybe, just maybe, there will be a superbike with an Aprilia V-twin engine.

I'm not too excited right now about the model lineup since seeing the 1200 Sport.

I voted the V8 but that's the most unlikely to happen .I woul be Great to reveal a MGS1 bike, what I see more likelly is a 1200 Griso thing. Though they could combine the last 2 (MGS and 1200S motor) and present something 'touchable' for us dedicated Guzzisti...Hehe tht can't happen either cause of the new motor design that requires new frame.So the a road legal MGS would be ''easier' but I doupt that either.

:helmet:

The BMW crowd is a large portion of Guzzis target group, so I wouldn't be surprised if they presented a GS-type Stelvio. OTOH, pictures of it would have circulated on the net by now... Keeping things under wraps is not their strong point and I believe that is an understatement.

My guess is as good as yours.

The BMW crowd is a large portion of Guzzis target group, so I wouldn't be surprised if they presented a GS-type Stelvio. OTOH, pictures of it would have circulated on the net by now... Keeping things under wraps is not their strong point and I believe that is an understatement.

My guess is as good as yours.

Yes, I guess you are right, but enough with these BMW customer targeting. They are supposed to also make Guzzis for the Guzzisti.

The market-world needs Leaders ,not followers

Yes, I guess you are right, but enough with these BMW customer targeting. They are supposed to also make Guzzis for the Guzzisti.

The market-world needs Leaders ,not followers

I agree, but I think Guzzi only can have a leading role when they have a healthy customer base with the according cash flow.

And another point: if they would build a bike that would sell on every streetcorner, the logistical side (deliverance, spares, dealer training, etc) would kill the brand in 6 months. :(

I vote for nibbling away customers from other brands, try to achieve a good market share and go on from there.

Who needs another worldbeater?

I agree, but I think Guzzi only can have a leading role when they have a healthy customer base with the according cash flow.

And another point: if they would build a bike that would sell on every streetcorner, the logistical side (deliverance, spares, dealer training, etc) would kill the brand in 6 months. :(

I vote for nibbling away customers from other brands, try to achieve a good market share and go on from there.

Who needs another worldbeater?

Everyone needs a worldbeater now & then! The "killer app" profile means that those other concerns of yours would be dealt with because everyone would want to share in that product success. Do you think Apple would be selling at almost $80/shr vs. $15/shr they were at 5 years ago if it wasn't for creating the 'killer app' of the new millenimumiummum, aka "the iPod?"

Now, Guzzi isn't likely to invent a motorcycle that everyone just has to have, but if they came out w/ a worldbeater now that spanked the competition the way the original LeMons did 30 years ago, you'd better believe that Piaggio would see to it that problems of part supply would evaporate, at least for that (unfotunately hypothetical) model. Closest thing they've got to that right now is the Griso, but it's a long way from being on everone's short list of bike to buy...

:mg:

I'm hoping to eat my words, but I think that the least likely thing for Guzzi to produce is the road legal MGS-01 - didn't they say about 8 months after producing the MGS that they wouldn't try and produce a road legal version because it was too difficult a proposition......??? <_>

I'm still hoping for a new transverse, air/water/oil cooled, 90 degree V-twin sportsbike, but looks like i'm going to have to keep wishing!!! :wub:

Re keeping things under wraps. There was !@#$ all on the 1200s until it arrived in a dealer. Some spy shots a couple weeks earlier but it certianly wasn't known about well in advance. Who knoes I don't think the 1200 motor will cut it in a sports bike market. A big dual pourpose tourer very popular in Europe and to be honest the only kind of machine I have ever considered from the Bike's Made Wierdly company. Then again if the 1200S is anthing thing to go by they'll skip the whole bike show hooo haaa and it will turn up in a dealer near you next week.

• 11 months later...

Not long now until the next EICMA- may be a bit more interesting this year- Stelvio and Griso with 4v motors- updated Breva with 1200 motor (ok not that interesting!).

Will there be a surprise bike launched in addition to the machines we already know about?

Another wooden mock up maybe? :huh2: