IOM TT

Guest Mattress

Guest Mattress

In lieu of boobies posted to Hooters thread......I really wanted to go to the IOM race in 2007 but it is sounding like travel and accomodation is maxed out..... bummer. It is such a major event. I'll never forget seeing the 24 hours of Le Mans a few years ago and would love to have the same experience on the Isle.

Any one going?

I'm going to ask for 15 days vacation (holiday) for 2007 during my review. I'd like to see some motorcycling events.

With such limited free time, what would be your top three events for 2007?

In lieu of boobies posted to Hooters thread......I really wanted to go to the IOM race in 2007 but it is sounding like travel and accomodation is maxed out..... bummer. It is such a major event. I'll never forget seeing the 24 hours of Le Mans a few years ago and would love to have the same experience on the Isle.

Any one going?

Always seemed overrated to me. Confirmed on my only visit.

I'm going to ask for 15 days vacation (holiday) for 2007 during my review. I'd like to see some motorcycling events.

With such limited free time, what would be your top three events for 2007?

"Land of the Free" is not quite the right title for the USA, is it?

mike

(29 [work] days each year, with an option for at least another 10 for "good works" activities and I've got a crap job)

You can always hope to find a last minute cancelation on the IOM TT message board.

That's how I found a room for the 2002 TT. Finding a ferry booking might be harder.

While I somewhat agree with Mike that it is overrated, it was still a magical experience to actually ride the TT course that I had been reading about for 20 years.

The downside was all the squidly riding antics I witnessed. I saw several bikes wadded up and left on the side of the road...their riders presumably carted off to the hospital. Everyone thinks they're Joey Dunlop. I talked to a local lady who told me she doesn't get anywhere near the circuit during the TT fortnight because of all the squid activity.

Would I do it again? I don't know. The smaller crowds of the Manx TT seem more my speed.

I really wanted to go to the IOM race in 2007 but it is sounding like travel and accomodation is maxed out..... bummer. It is such a major event. With such limited free time, what would be your top three events for 2007?

While there is still such a thing as road racing**

try the North West 200

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5184

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6427

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7484

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8307

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8673

etc

Some would argue that the TT lost it's true significance when it lost it's status as a GP stop. I'll give that comment a fair amount of due. However, the history of the place still is there, nothing has changed. I consider myself extremely lucky to be at TT'94. This was a highlight in many ways, as I witnessed the TT racing knowledge of Steve Hislop, Phil McCallen, Joey Dunlop, Robert Dunlop, as well as the incredible debut of the Britten, with John Britten front and centre. I witnessed the serious side of TT, the grief of death of Mark Farmer on the Britten in Thursday practice, I witnessed the actual crash of Robert Dunlop, as his rear Marvic wheel on his RC45 Honda imploded just outside Ramsey, and watched him bounce off the brick wall like a rag doll being shaken by a pit bull. I witnessed John Surtees and Geoff Duke having a pint at the Craig-ne- Bah public house [sorry for spelling] during Mad Sunday, which I also partook in. Afternoon tea at the Empress on the promanade, watching the Marshals, with their big "M" on the front, sail by, knees scraping, just before a race to clear the track. Doing 145mph on Mad Sunday, passing guys doing 60mph, being passed by guys doing 170mph, all at once!! The Manx Ale!!!

To sum it up, if you are any kind of a motorcycle enthuisiast, you should go at least once before you can't anymore. 2007 might have been a great time, being the 100th aniversary. But, don't dismiss the Manx GP. The weather is supposed to be better, there's way more vintage bikes, and less of a zoo, so easier and cheaper accomodation and boat ride to Mona's Isle.

Ciao, Steve

watching the Marshals, with their big "M" on the front, sail by, knees scraping, just before a race to clear the track.

Ah yes!

The travelling Marshals! They were a sight to see. The atmosphere surrounding the racing can't be beat. It makes Daytona seem like a county fair. I went to Italian bike night at the Crosby Hotel. An unbaffled MV Agusta triple showed up. It sounded like trumpets blaring.

While watching the races at the Gooseneck, I saw a fan holding out a pit board, giving riders their split times. As Steve said, the TT is something every motorcyclist should do at least once :bike:

Guest Mattress

Ah yes!

The travelling Marshals! They were a sight to see. The atmosphere surrounding the racing can't be beat. It makes Daytona seem like a county fair. I went to Italian bike night at the Crosby Hotel. An unbaffled MV Agusta triple showed up. It sounded like trumpets blaring.

While watching the races at the Gooseneck, I saw a fan holding out a pit board, giving riders their split times. As Steve said, the TT is something every motorcyclist should do at least once :bike:

If i dy young, I know what youre saying. 24 hrs lemans............must visit bow

Yes,yes, the Isle of Mann, 24 Heure de LeMans, Gran Prix de Monaco and the Paris -Dakar.

Oh, and the Baja 1000.

Guess I better pick one and get started . . .

Guest Mattress

Yes,yes, the Isle of Mann, 24 Heure de LeMans, Gran Prix de Monaco and the Paris -Dakar.

Oh, and the Baja 1000.

Guess I better pick one and get started . . .

very cool dude...rock it amedeus 1

Ah yes!

The Travelling Marshals!

travelling-marshals.jpg

Equipment carried by each Travelling Marshal

Three pairs of medium latex free disposable gloves.

Two Guedel oropharyngeal airways, No 3 & 4.

Two Nasopharyngeal airways, No 6 & 8.

One resuscitation pocket mask.

One Stifneck Select cervical splint.

One pair 8” Lister bandage scissors.

One pair of Tufcut scissors.

One scalpel blade and handle.

Two No. 4 Ambulance dressings.

Two 20cm x 20cm dressing pads

One roll of 2.5cm Transpore tape.

One roll of 7.5cm Elastoplast.

One adult emergency foil blanket.

Two 10cm crepe bandages.

Three triangular bandages.

Six sterile alcohol wipes.

Plastic bag of assorted plasters with two large 10cm x 10cm Release dressings.

Two sachets of Sterets Unisept (chlorhexidine) (100mls each).

Two sets of scoop stretcher restraining straps (to keep the riders arms and legs in).