Jubileum

Admin Jaap

April 2007 V11LeMans.com celebrates it's 5th birthday! I don't want to let this pass unnoticed, but I haven't got a clue what to do! :huh2:

Any suggestions?

I just sent a modest donation, so spend it wisely (on beer ... and possibly one with Antonio! :bier: ).

Thanks, again, Jaap, for your efforts in keeping this board going. I've learned lots ... tho it's like not too apparent from my posts. :luigi:

Bill

How about some sort of online awards ceremony to celebrate this board on the 5th anniversary? A bit like the Oscars- we could all sit at our desks at an appointed time, wearing Tuxedos and you could make some awards for different categories e.g.

Best Technical Contribution Over The Years

Funniest Member (by member I don't mean penis)

Most Spectacular Mechanical Failure

Talking Bollocks Award...etc etc

The Moderators could be the judging panel.

Guy :helmet:

How about some sort of online awards ceremony to celebrate this board on the 5th anniversary? A bit like the Oscars- we could all sit at our desks at an appointed time, wearing Tuxedos and you could make some awards for different categories e.g.

Brilliant idea. Open squak box...video conference?

Some of us will be up @ 4:00am but it would be great.

ONLINE PARTY!!

Break the record for most online and have a lot of fun while we do it.

It will be tough to get the timing to work worldwide but I know I'll get up at whatever time it takes!

Yeah! Count me in!

I'm going to be over in the UK again in Feb-March to sort out finalizing my Mum's estate and flog off her houses so I'll be up for a party if someone wants to organize one in western Europe somewhere. Mind you if you think I'm going to ride across Europe in Feb-March you've got nother thing coming! I did Berlin to Dublin in under three days in January on my SP once in the eighties on the promise of a shag but I've grown out of that sort of youthful desperation nowadays :grin:

Pete

a couple of ideas:

Another international treffen - need to plan it early so don't commit to too many other ones so run out of brownie points/annual leave

A day in the life. Every one ride their V11 that day and take a photo of it on the trip even if it's only to work. BMG can take one of his still on his workshop lift stand :(

Create a contact spiders web. Which members you've met/ridden with and how far and how many nodes that extends to what percentage of the members

Send an ambassador out. An object gets sent from member to member ( or better taken by Guzzi where possible) photo record, The number of members, Guzzi miles covered- Forum mascot on holiday something along that line, Come yourself if you can spare that amount of time away from work/home free board :food: member to member.

a couple of ideas:

Send an ambassador out. An object gets sent from member to member ( or better taken by Guzzi where possible) photo record, The number of members, Guzzi miles covered- Forum mascot on holiday something along that line, Come yourself if you can spare that amount of time away from work/home free board :food: member to member.

Cool idea!

It will be tough to get the timing to work worldwide but I know I'll get up at whatever time it takes!

If only we had a thread where we could discuss what time it is! Drat!

I've read some good ideas! Thanks. I'm thinking more and more about a V11 Meeting in Limbrg - the south of Holland (nice country, curvy roads and the Eifel (Nurburgring) and Ardennes not far away!) I just need to find a location with a restaurant, rooms and a camping site. Any volunteers and/or suggestions?

Apart from the meeting we could also do an online meeting and try to break the online members record. Shouldn't be that difficult to set a time and date.

I like Martin's ambassador idea the best. We could start with it in January in Australia (they have good weather over there) if a distance between members is too far we could use mail. The Frappr location map could be very useful! I have added the map to the homepage, so it's more accessible.

Any volunteers to set up this scheme? And what should we use as an object?

I did Berlin to Dublin in under three days in January on my SP once in the eighties on the promise of a shag but I've grown out of that sort of youthful desperation nowadays :grin:

oh gawd, yeah, "been there done that" :) and also "been there, didn't get laid" a few times ;)

the meeting south of limburg sounds appealing, yes.

I like Martin's ambassador idea the best. We could start with it in January in Australia (they have good weather over there) if a distance between members is too far we could use mail. The Frapper location map could be very useful!

Any volunteers to set up this scheme? And what should we use as an object?

Yeah! I am with you Jaap (I don't think i'll make it to Limburg this year!) I would love to make some km's for this good cause! I'd better update the Frapper thing. With some luck the scura will be ready to roll by the end of the week! For the ambossador... hmmm the Olympics got there fire, which I don't think is a good plan on a Motorcycle... A sparkplug is a bit off the equivalent for the olympic fire a round the world sparkplug seems very appropiate :drink: to me.

I have just started a new job so I don't have tons of time to spare to help set this up (or better my time is a bit irregular with shifts and all that) But i am more than willing to spend some time on it!

Ciao

jasper :cheese: