What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

1 hour ago, NicoNZ said:

Took the V11 out for a 50km ride around the lakes here in Rotorua NZ. With the TI map and the decent tune up I cannot fault it. Purrs like a cat and when you want growls like a tiger with that torque and the sound of the TI Cans. I honestly cannot fault it. It is running superb thanks to the information on this forum.

I had my bike lift close to the garage doors which was a bit of a pain getting the bikes around the lift to exit the garage. Also have to think about an addition to the two bikes. So in goes the lift with bikes not on the lift closer to the open doors of freedom!

Been looking around for a third bike with the criteria being it needs to be old (40 years old is about 1/10 of the annual registration fees here.) From $520 down to $50. Love an old guzzi but prices are rising super fast. I will know when the right one comes along.

So what did i do to my V11 today? Gave it a new position in the garage :D

new layout.jpg

I know NZ is a totally different market, Nico, but which Guzzis do you see rising in cost for you locally?

17 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

I know NZ is a totally different market, Nico, but which Guzzis do you see rising in cost for you locally?

Any of the Le mans 850 through to 1000. Daytona. Any old V7 or 850T's. Ambassadors. The V11 is just starting to rise. With this Covid pandemic going on and no one travelling there is a lot of spare cash around for toys. I think this is contributing to price as we only have relatively small pool of vehicles in NZ. Someone was asking 25k (17.5K USD) for a mk5 lemans recently. It was low mileage.  A nice MKII 850 would be around 16k USD. 

Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch that far 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, NicoNZ said:

Any of the Le mans 850 through to 1000. Daytona. Any old V7 or 850T's. Ambassadors. The V11 is just starting to rise. With this Covid pandemic going on and no one travelling there is a lot of spare cash around for toys. I think this is contributing to price as we only have relatively small pool of vehicles in NZ. Someone was asking 25k (17.5K USD) for a mk5 lemans recently. It was low mileage.  A nice MKII 850 would be around 16k USD. 

Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch that far 

I know NZ is a small market, but those prices are insanity. Bikes in general are getting pricier here in the USA. Glad I snagged my clean V11 when I had the chance. They will never be cheaper than they are now...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

I know NZ is a small market, but those prices are insanity. Bikes in general are getting pricier here in the USA. Glad I snagged my clean V11 when I had the chance. They will never be cheaper than they are now...

Yeah a clean Rosso Mandello is about 9k USD. See below. Plus added the link for the MK5. Its what they are asking. Someone has to pay that amount!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/moto-guzzi/listing/3365092869?bof=LEbcagWf

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/classic-vintage/moto-guzzi/listing/3360808775?bof=LEbcagWf

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, NicoNZ said:

Yeah a clean Rosso Mandello is about 9k USD. See below. Plus added the link for the MK5. Its what they are asking. Someone has to pay that amount!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/moto-guzzi/listing/3365092869?bof=LEbcagWf

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/classic-vintage/moto-guzzi/listing/3360808775?bof=LEbcagWf

I can understand a Daytona, MGS01, limited V11...but wow.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NicoNZ said:

Damn...I know NZ is a gorgeous country, but the bikes are stupid money. In the States, bikes are, comparitively cheap as chips.

I paid $6500 for my V11 Sport w/under 13k miles...and that was with $650 shipped to me.

Again, whatever you like, better buy it soon...I get the feeling it's all going to be priced in "classic" territory very soon! Especially older Guzzis!

• Like 1

Missed this somehow.. I've flown a Super Ace, but it was a completely different animal with a 65 horse Continental on the nose. Being able to see forward is over rated..:rasta:

7D045E6C-E83D-431F-9D12-5FE7863D7B8D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

IMG_2202.jpeg

I found a Nero Corsa at the foot of Mount Whitney in the Sierra Nevadas... it followed me home, so I guess I get to keep it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

:food:  not many in the US I bet. Good hunting, Congrat.   

Cheers Tom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomchri said:

not many in the US I bet.

The consensus around the rumor-mill seems to be about 200 produced globally, and about 50 of those in the US. Not much activity in the Nero Corsa registry on this site. I have never seen another one in person.

• Like 1

Very nice find :wub:

There is one here in Columbus, owed & abused by an older guy here; left out in all weathers, paint fading, dropped a few times. In drunken moments I find myself justifying 'taking it home' as a mercy mission. :drink: But it will probably take more time & $ than I have to fix it up.

What are the details on your new find ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Overall in good shape, but not totally original. I'm gonna go through it a bit to freshen up some things and find out the details. The pork chops and rocker covers were repainted, they are perfect match to the script on the tail, which is a bit on the pink side... But I have a set of Candy-Apple-Red chops and covers to swap in. I'll probably have some play time over the upcoming holiday.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scud said:

Overall in good shape, but not totally original. I'm gonna go through it a bit to freshen up some things and find out the details. The pork chops and rocker covers were repainted, they are perfect match to the script on the tail, which is a bit on the pink side... But I have a set of Candy-Apple-Red chops and covers to swap in. I'll probably have some play time over the upcoming holiday.

With Scud's V11 history, it will be awesome to see where he takes this Nero Corsa! :thumbsup:  :mg:

Some things bear repeating:

IMG_2202.jpeg