What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Looking good Chuck. I like the black alternator cover.  :ninja:

I think there's room for those rubber hoses behind the starter cover (in the molded channels).

The red suspenders (straps) seem appropriate...  :mg:

And keep pointing out shop tips like the file card as you think of them.  :thumbsup:

I thought about making the sidestand mount black, too.. but I felt one foot sliding on the slippery slope. :grin:

I'll see if they'll go behind the cover.. no doubt will. It was cold out in the hanger when I put it together after going through the preselector, and I did it in a hurry, not even thinking about those hoses. They *are* unsightly, now that you mention it.

I did a bunch of shop tips in the Lario Rehab thread on WG. I *am* trying to pass some of it along when I think of it. There aren't too many of us old farts left.. :oldgit::)

Good info on the file! I love pearls of wisdom from the wise ones!

I'm wondering how a guy with such nice looking headers lets a thing like ugly hoses hang out like that? Ha!

Ok, ok.. don't hit me again. I'll see if they'll tuck under that super light cover. Guzzis are all about lightness, you know. :rasta:

• Like 1

Yeah, there is a "channel" in the starter cover for the crankcase vent return hose. The other line (tank vent?) is most often groomed behind the starter itself (next to the gearbox).

Sidestands that suffer from the *cornering grind* are an indicator that the springs and suspension are not well spec'd to the rider's, er *mass* . . . and the suspension sags.

(Tried to say that in a nice way . . . :unsure: )

Yeah, there is a "channel" in the starter cover for the crankcase vent return hose. The other line (tank vent?) is most often groomed behind the starter itself (next to the gearbox).

Sidestands that suffer from the *cornering grind* are an indicator that the springs and suspension are not well spec'd to the rider's, er *mass* . . . and the suspension sags.

Uhh, this isn't "cornering grind" it's not being careful and sliding the extended sidestand on the pavement while pushing the bike backwards. No, it's not me. I know how vulnerable to damage those suckers are. 

I'll reroute the hoses tomorrow. Thanks.. :)

Uhh, this isn't "cornering grind" it's not being careful and sliding the extended sidestand on the pavement while pushing the bike backwards. No, it's not me. I know how vulnerable to damage those suckers are. 

I'll reroute the hoses tomorrow. Thanks.. :)

Ok - I can see that now. :blush:  It's the "backside" of the sidestand, not the "tip" that would drag in a corner.

Dragging the bike backward on the stand looks to be a *bad idea* :o

I think the sidestand wears when the bike is idling on the sidestand.

I don't do that, either. I have to guess it was the original owner. BTW, he disabled the sidestand safety. What's up with that? All it does is stop the engine if you drop it in gear with the engine running and the sidestand down. I re enabled it. :) 

That vent hose is putting a pretty good load on the starter cover when tucked in behind. I'll see if I can tie it down somehow.

As Docc mentioned, you can run the vent line(s) between starter and transmission. The oil return line fits nicely inside the channel of that starter cover. I've removed the vent lines completely from my bikes. As I understand it, the Euro-spec bikes came new without those hoses - so they evaporated along with the evaporation canisters... :whistle:

My LeMans' sidestand was badly worn when I got it. The bike leaned so badly that I ended up buying a new stand. I like your repair though - much more affordable.

I think some people worry that the sidestand switch contributes to reliability problems or non-starts. My LeMans had both the sidestand and clutch switch disabled. I've also restored those functions. FWIW, my K75s has auto-retract: the cable-operated clutch pulls a lever that releases the sidestand if it's down - and the springs pull it up.

The oil return line fits nicely inside the channel of that starter cover.

The Mighty Scura's oil line was pretty darn stiff. I just didn't like the way it "loaded" that no doubt unobtainium carbon fiber cover. I zip tied the line down to the starter. :huh2:

Installed reverse cone Misrtrals( sound pretty good) and freshly powder coated brackets/rails for Tekno bags.

Bags sit 1/8 inch off the pipe :homer:

Trying to think of a solution to raise the bags up at least an inch, maybe just ditch hangars on bags altogether,

obviously fairly quick on-off is preferable.

Anyone run into this before or got a suggestion?

TIA