Exhaust drip?

Cdogger

Hey guys as I was testing the bike I noticed that a few drops of oil came out of the exhaust pipe where there is clamp (right before the muffler's) and that when I turn the bike off sometimes the oil light comes on. I am kind of concerned. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Not sure if this of any help but I get an ugly blackish discharge on my exhaust in a similar position to yours which is just sooty water on a cold start. Just water condensing from the exhaust running down the inside of the pipe and escaping where the pipe is slotted at the end. Really ugly but harmless.

Rob

Not sure if this of any help but I get an ugly blackish discharge on my exhaust in a similar position to yours which is just sooty water on a cold start. Just water condensing from the exhaust running down the inside of the pipe and escaping where the pipe is slotted at the end. Really ugly but harmless.

Rob

I think this must be it. I touched it with finger and it's not thick enough to be oil. It's also black and I just changed the oil so it can't be from the engine. Its about 50° here right now so it's definitely cold.

Rob

I think this must be it. I touched it with finger and it's not thick enough to be oil. It's also black and I just changed the oil so it can't be from the engine. Its about 50° here right now so it's definitely cold.

Sounds like she would benefit from a good long run at operating temperature. When was the last time the bike covered some miles and stayed really warm?

It's been 4 years since it's driven anywhere. I think I will just run it in my garage when I get home from school today and do my homework while keeping an eye on it.

Not really a good idea..

It's been 4 years since it's driven anywhere. I think I will just run it in my garage when I get home from school today and do my homework while keeping an eye on it.

Not really a good idea..

+ 1 !

Be patient and get it ready for that maiden voyage. It'll be worth it!

Could be normal valve train noise. Have you adjusted the valves?

Otherwise, run it in the dark and look for electrical arcing from the spark plug wires.