Champagne wishes...

Scud

• 1 month later...

Raining tonight. So let the games begin.......

IMG_5687.jpg

I'm selling the aftermarket bits and getting ready to return her to stock. I'm gonna get the front end in order first. Needs grease in the steering bearings, brake pads, stock bars back on, general cleanup, etc...

That yellow spring just doesn't look right on this bike. I think it would look better on a red LeMans.   :mg:

My daughters all agree that the porkchops, valve covers, and alternator cover should be powdercoated candy-apple red - which is very close to the original, sexy red on the 2002 porkchops. If you look closely, you can see a candy-apple red washer taped to the porkchop. Five candy-apple red bits under a champagne fairing...  :food:

Tim- Are you playing games with us?  See if you can locate the hammer in this picture!

No games - and I didn't need a hammer. I don't think there is one in this picture. However, my daughter brought me hot chocolate and I confess to turning the mug so you could see Curious George's face.

Ewww . . . I love the way the hoist slides right around the lift . . . this would making *Crabbing the SpineFrame* a self-contained affair without making the dining room floor upstairs creak.

I haven't used my (color matched) platform jack yet, but it sits at the ready at the foot of the lift (aka The Revered Sport's plinth).

That is a good setup - but I also note the cheater-use of a centerstand on that bike.  I'm thinking about how I can get the back-end off the champagne LeMans, and still have enough lifting devices to swap a shock on the red LeMans at the same time.

That is a good setup - but I also not the cheater-use of a centerstand on that bike.  I'm thinking about how I can get the back-end off the champagne LeMans, and still have enough lifting devices to swap a shock on the red LeMans at the same time.

Use your platform jack and a chain fall (or hoist) to crab the Champagne, and your factory shop stand to remove the Red LeMans shock?

Oh yeah - I have some hooks in a beam in the garage - that's the ticket. I'll get it figured out. I did a shock swap on 2 BMWs recently. That was a breeze because they both had centerstands.

That's funny. I'm not far from doing something like that. By the time I pull the porkchops, the subframe will fall out. Then it's only one more bolt to take out the transmission. So I'll probably just prop her up on a couple sawhorses - or maybe just set her down on a rubber mat (tress).

IMG_5694.jpg

I'm in "detective mode."  Wheel and swingarm bearings feel new (as are the tires) - so that all makes sense. The shock doesn't have a speck of dirt on it, which leads me to believe it was recently serviced... so it's inching ever closer to the Red LeMans. Final drive was obviously repainted, but the needle bearing doesn't feel good. I've left a few stubborn bolts to soak in WD-40. Started a box of stuff to get powder-coated...

Awwwwwwwwww What the heck I will throw this out there. For rusted bolts I use a home brew that works better than anything store purchased. And that is 50% ATF Transmission fluid and 50% Acetone. If one wished they can substitute the Acetone with Lacquer Thinner. :)

Scud by the way if anyone has not informed you of this as of late you are a Nut. :) But like anyone else I enjoy the nuttiness. :) Great Work as Always.

That's funny. I'm not far from doing something like that. By the time I pull the porkchops, the subframe will fall out. Then it's only one more bolt to take out the transmission. So I'll probably just prop her up on a couple sawhorses - or maybe just set her down on a rubber mat (tress).

IMG_5694.jpg

I'm in "detective mode."  Wheel and swingarm bearings feel new (as are the tires) - so that all makes sense. The shock doesn't have a speck of dirt on it, which leads me to believe it was recently serviced... so it's inching ever closer to the Red LeMans. Final drive was obviously repainted, but the needle bearing doesn't feel good. I've left a few stubborn bolts to soak in WD-40. Started a box of stuff to get powder-coated...

The shock was rebuilt by Ducati of Indy.. known for their Ohlins work.

• Like 1