Wayne and Vicky Orwig Injured in Crash

NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE PROPER PLACE TO POST BUT-

Bill Hagan posted over on the Wild Guzzi Forum that Wayne and Vicky Orwig were seriously injured in a car/motorcycle crash and both seriously injured. Both are hospitalized in Gainesville, Ga., with Vicky being the most seriously injured.  For those who attended this past Southern Spine Raid, Wayne provided assistance during the evening "tune-up sessions"  and led one of the group rides .

Hopefully Bill will be able to chime in with an update and more information as it becomes available.  

Jerry 

• Like 1

I went to see Wayne today in his new rehab room.We went to the gym for physical therapy where they had him working his arms.His sense of humor came through when he said he was doing his beer curls.He was worried about Vicky having not had an update on her condition today.I ran into Guzzi Steve in the parking lot who said the doctor believes Vicky hears what people in the room say and is responding to stimulation.This will be a long road for them and they can use all the help and support we can give them.
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know them, but I've enjoyed Wayne's participation on the WG forum. It's tragic, and an important reminder about how dangerous our favored form of transportation can be. He posted some pictures over there... looks like a life well-lived.