Best Relay

docc

29 minutes ago, docc said:

What position did the damaged OMRON come out of?

That could be an indication of a connection issue on that circuit causing voltage spikes. Most especially, damage to the yellow output wires at the stator can destroy the regulator and relays.

I have no idea.  It was originally the starter I believe.  Is that that front #1?...I moved so many around that I can't be sure.

8 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I have no idea.  It was originally the starter I believe.  Is that that front #1?...I moved so many around that I can't be sure.

Yes, front is Start.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just found these on eBay.de made in USA. They have the extra T-R1 from the old Omron part number. Will they work? Says they are high current..

G8HE-1C7T-R1 5PIN DC12V relay

3 hours ago, Bingbong said:

I just found these on eBay.de made in USA. They have the extra T-R1 from the old Omron part number. Will they work? Says they are high current..

G8HE-1C7T-R1 5PIN DC12V relay

29 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Another member sourced the High Current OMRON G8HE from China via eBay and found them to be legit. While OMRON no longer produces them, it is not unlikely that some resourceful Chinese company bought up the NOS from other suppliers and has marked them up.

Not sure what the US dollar price is on US eBay, but ~22 Euro for four is not bad (depending on the shipping).  Of course, the price doubles if you want to buy five, because of their packaging quantity . . .

• Like 3

My first failed relay on my two Guzzis was a replacement Omron.   Luckily I have plenty, starting with the OEMs.  The ones taken from the Greenie were Bosch.  Now one of those has been returned to service.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

My first failed relay on my two Guzzis was a replacement Omron.   Luckily I have plenty, starting with the OEMs.  The ones taken from the Greenie were Bosch.  Now one of those has been returned to service.   

Those Bosch were decent relays. PyroDan sold them for a short time before going with the Chinese GEI.

Yet, even the Bosch are under-rated for Position 5 (fuel/Ignition) and, on the early V11 wiring (1999-2001), Position 1 (especially the "5th pin"/NC contact).

Failure of a High Current relay can be an indication of voltage spikes from a faulty regulator or/and the nefarious detachment of the yellow charging wires at the stator.

IMG_2951.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, docc said:

Failure of a High Current relay can be an indication of voltage spikes from a faulty regulator or/and the nefarious detachment of the yellow charging wires at the stator.

I've started adding dedicated grounds to my R/Rs to hopefully eliminate potential issues.

I've never had a relay go bad,,,but definitely stop working because it wasn't seated into the socket correctly.

If I can see the relays, I always confirm good contact & push them into place before the seat goes back on. 

fwiw ymmv

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

Those Bosch were decent relays. PyroDan sold them for a short time before going with the Chinese GEI.

Yet, even the Bosch are under-rated for Position 5 (fuel/Ignition) and, on the early V11 wiring (1999-2001), Position 1 (especially the "5th pin"/NC contact).

IMG_2951.jpg

I have replaced regulators on both Guzzis and at least one stator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

Another member sourced the High Current OMRON G8HE from China via eBay and found them to be legit. While OMRON no longer produces them, it is not unlikely that some resourceful Chinese company bought up the NOS from other suppliers and has marked them up.

Not sure what the US dollar price is on US eBay, but ~22 Euro for four is not bad (depending on the shipping).  Of course, the price doubles if you want to buy five, because of their packaging quantity . . .

Thanks!

they had 3 packs of 4 available. So bought them all :D. Delivery will be a while they say. Chinese new year next week...

• Like 1