JKV11

Scura single plate clutch

1 hour ago, Mikko said:

Can't we find someone to machine new hubs? ahemm..*cough*chuck*cough*.....

Sorry, I'm not tooled up to do that kind of work. It would be pretty straightforward, though.

I still dont see why you cant take a twin plate hub to a machine shop and surface grind the engine side down to the same friction plate spline width as the 6 speed.

Ciao

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 7:12 AM, Lucky Phil said:

I still dont see why you cant take a twin plate hub to a machine shop and surface grind the engine side down to the same friction plate spline width as the 6 speed.

Ciao

I know someone who has done that. Turning down on a lathe did not work, as the hub is hardened so much it just flicked parts of the cutting blade instead of lose material. As I understood from the lathe operator, that was one of the only times he was scared behind the lathe:P

Eventually they grounded it down to the right dimensions.

Jorrit, where in the NL do you live (out of curiosity, I live in Groningen and have replaced my single to a dual plate as well).

Have you looked for the parts at Stein-Dinse or Valpolini? HMB-Guzzi?

Hello Tinus,

I live near Apeldoorn and i have seen that the RAM Clutch is also avalible at Stein Dinse for 450,- but i'm still wondering or i can replace my Clutch disk by https://www.stein-dinse.biz/product_info.php?products_id=1084#prettyPhoto

It would save a lot of work (and money)

I didn't know Valpolini and HMB-Guzzi, i have looked them up. They do have the RAM disk but i don't know fos sure it will fit my Clutch.

At the moment i'm busy with rewiring the T850 Café. I'm installing a Motogadget M-unit. when i have replaced it i will go on with de V11. I hoped that i had my parts by then en could install them right away:luigi:

but i don't expect that te happen:cheese:

1 hour ago, JKV11 said:

Hello Tinus,

I live near Apeldoorn and i have seen that the RAM Clutch is also avalible at Stein Dinse for 450,- but i'm still wondering or i can replace my Clutch disk by https://www.stein-dinse.biz/product_info.php?products_id=1084#prettyPhoto

Nope, this clutch disk is for twin-plate clutches. I don't know about the compatibility of RAM clutch plates with the MG single plate clutch with steel flywheel. There really is only one way to find out I'm afraid...

How confident are you that the clutch is slipping because of a worn friction plate? Some other potential issues to consider:

- Tampered with clutch master slave setting (original clutch handle installed?) causing build up of hydraulic pressure
- Partial misinstallation of the new clutch, causing the plate to not see enough of the "push"  from the diafragm spring plate
- Broken or worn fingers on the diafragm spring plate (very normal on passenger cars! Especially Italian ones, don't ask me how I know...)

To  be honest, because of the price and unavailability, I would really want to open her up first, before making the decision whether to source a new friction plate, put new material on this one, or change over to dual plate clutch.

• Like 1