Stelvio

biesel

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived Moto Strada on Tuesday, having only been built the previous week, so I got the chance to have a good look around. She had been PDI'd and I was able to start her up.

Initial impressions:

4v motor sounds completely different- a sort of turbine noise from the top end.

Exaust note is quite throaty even with the road legal pipe.

Standard of finish is light years ahead of my V11- real air of quality

Black version looks even better in the flesh.

Headlights make the bike look like a cute bush baby from the front. Even in the well lit showroom they seemed very bright. A lot of normal people don't like the front end, but I've never been one to follow the crowd and quite like its quirkiness.

Kill switch is also the starter switch so you cant forget.

Spoked wheels with black rims look beautiful- if they made a 17" front rather than a 19" they could bolt straight onto a Griso.

The flip up storage compartment in the tank is just a gimmick- it even has a hole at the bottom for when it floods with rain so even Guzzi realise it won't be waterproof. Seems flimsy too.

She feels much smaller than a GS, and not really an off road bike- one big crash would cause some expensive damage I am sure.

Forks are really chunky- have separate adjusters on each leg, one leg for compression, one for rebound. Preload adjustable on both legs.

Very comfortable to sit on, plenty of leg room and very good handlebar position.

I just wanted to ride off there and then but was at the time waiting for my insurance to be changed- that is now sorted and I collect her next Friday, and will be doing my first camping trip next Saturday night in the Dales if it stops snowing.

No news on factory luggage / accessories yet, although Hepco and Becker have already produced a luggage rack and crash bars for the Stelvio.

Where does this picture come from? I really like this Macho-Commando-Style. It does not leave any room left for the typical Beemer bling thing.

Hubert

From the MG website. There are lots of pics / angles on there.

Edit: Whoops, Paul already answered.

Congrats Guy.

I can see the saliva dribbles from here. Yum.

But – only 4 valves? I'm getting 8! :lol:

No news on factory luggage / accessories yet, although Hepco and Becker have already produced a luggage rack and crash bars for the Stelvio.

well on the picture here it looks like the norge sidecases are going to fit. They look

identical. Maybe there is a difference with the silencer left?

I would wait to see what others come up with. Hepco maybe made a rack so their things fit on it. But nowhere a picture on the hepco site.

well on the picture here it looks like the norge sidecases are going to fit. They look

identical. Maybe there is a difference with the silencer left?

I would wait to see what others come up with. Hepco maybe made a rack so their things fit on it. But nowhere a picture on the hepco site.

Yes I've asked the British H & B importer for more info and prices- I'm in no rush.

Thanks for the link to the pictures. Never was interested so much to do such a close search, I must admit. Even now it's more a hypothetical thing ;)

Now, how about this:

guzzigebrutzelvw3.jpg

Hubert