Stelvio

biesel

On various Moto Guzzi models, I see riders with a helmet on. This could be the new Moto Guzzi helmet?

On the mother site is this helmet not showing yet...

The helmet is on the Italian Guzzi site now. http://www.motoguzzi.it/it_IT/lifestyle/ab...ico.aspx#Caschi

casco_sport.jpg

It looks like an AGV Airtech.

http://www.agv.it/prodotto.asp?Id_Prodotto...;Id_Grafica=239

20071010_111841.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local dealer has got 2 stelvios in, only trouble is he has taken them to the scottish bike show and one is already sold, i should see them when they get back though, cant wait.

Gary

Saw the stelvio in the flesh today along with griso 8v nice finish on both bikes, but the stelvio is no match for the bm in off road use, guzzi is almost there but when you see the bikes next to aprillia's the finish is not so good. Stelvio does look like a fun road bike more in the super motard than the off road camp. Will post some pic's when i shrink them

I agree Macguzzi (about the supermotard bit, not necessarily the "finish compared to Aprilia")! ;)

Popped into Corsa Italiana for a gawp and given that;

a/ Just sold the V11 and

b/ Turned up on my 1150gs Adventure

they probably think I am the target customer! (and they'd be right, went to Milan show this year to see it.)

Brian kindly wheeled it out and fired her up!

Exhaust note definitely Guzz, with a whiney whistle over the top, presumably due to some straight cut gears in cam drive?? Sounds like a supercharger, and will hopefully die down over a few miles?

General comments;

Oddment space in tank of limited use, pretty small but 1 litre extra fuel probably more use?

Found only one example of sub standard finish, the panel on right of tank was a tiny (and I mean tiny) bit ripply.

Exhaust headers seems to have a sort of grainy (non stick pan) type finish, unlike smooth finished stainless on griso next to it, which might stop the infamous corrosion stains?

Headlights will burn holes in trees :grin:

Comfort seemed very good, seat height fine for most (about 1 inch lower than my 1150 on lowest setting) and feels very weildy despite size.

Too much plastic (pannier mounts, rack, sump guard), price you pay for getting the weight down (about same as a 1200 sport I'd guess, so pretty good considering size of it) prob a bit heavier than 1200 BMW GS, but not by much.

Styling, well nowhere near as pretty as the griso or V11, but then we all knew that ^_^ , but loads of presence, especially when wheeled outside.

Hardly any space under passenger seat, even with tiny standard tool kit.

One belgian magazine that is supposed to be pretty hard to please rated it best guzzi ever, after 24 hours with it.

Dealer launch this week, so hoping for details on panniers and ABS.

Only issue (apart from subjective stuff like styling and whether you like this type of bike) imho seems to be price, getting very close to BMW money, if Guzz want to grow the market outside their existing niches and customer base..

Me? A test ride beckons, but suspect so does a new Guzz! :wub:

Dave

Sunny London

Yes I wondered why they bothered with that cubby hole in the tank- just another thing to go wrong when the switch fails one day! The factory pics show a rider putting his mobile phone and wallet in there- it will probably end up like a swimming pool in there after the first thunderstorm!

If they made the price just under £8k then it would stand out as being much cheaper than the 1200GS.

Well i have finally sat on one :D , and my toes touch the ground, it looks good finish wise, but this one was displayed at a show and i think everyone was having a pull at the cubbyhole on the tank, when i was sitting on it a twat tried to open it, really pulling at it, i told him to stop but he pulled it a good 25mm at he front side before he let go, so that could be a weak point (or dont buy a ex show bike), also noticed a 4v white griso, they have small knee guards protecting the wires and gubbins around the cylinder inlets but the stelvio doesnt. So there is one already on the road up here, how many/any in darkest yorkshire :rolleyes::P

Gary

I should have had the bike by now, but still no confirmation from Dealer that it's ready. I've been asking for the VIN, to check against 'timing-nut' recall numbers. Have just received it. Unfortunately it's on the list. So it'll have to be opened up before I get it. That's disappointing. And dealer hasn't mentioned this, which is worrying.

I should have had the bike by now, but still no confirmation from Dealer that it's ready. I've been asking for the VIN, to check against 'timing-nut' recall numbers. Have just received it. Unfortunately it's on the list. So it'll have to be opened up before I get it. That's disappointing. And dealer hasn't mentioned this, which is worrying.

But not even slightly suprising, surely. Hope all goes well.