Stelvio

biesel

I think anyone buying a Stelvio for serious off roading will be either mad or seriously talented, 'cos it is a road bike, in my opinion!

Guy :helmet:

Yup, Agreed. I wasn't trying to have a go at anyone or even the bike :lol: but a serious dirt squirt it ain't. If it fits you and does everything you want? :mg::mg::mg:

You go boy!!!!

pete

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

180 radial in the back,....means sport touring,....even if it can cope with easy dirt roads,

who wants to destroy such a nice tyre on gravel???

Looks to me closer in pliloshophy with Duc Multistrada, than BMW GS,

.......which is not bad at all :bier:

Guy, as a tourer you won't be disappointed I think.

I don't know where the dirtbike discussion comes from. I've seen this discussion on wildguzzi too. Is the same as 95% of the SUV can't do much in mud. In England there you have mr Clarkson taking these cars in the mud to show they can't do what a rangerover can.

Image sells - just look at the 'Long way round'. Any rough road or track, sand or loose surface, weight is the killer. Don't get suckered in to the adventure bike dream, I was with a 1150gs, unsurfaced fine but for any of the previously mentioned there are far better bikes.

BTW - Top choice Guy, keep us posted with real world tests. :bier:

Spoked wheels are more resilient than cast ones on rough surfaces...

...and more easily repaired. Severely dent or crack the rear rim on your V11 and you'll have to replace the whole wheel. Do the same on the Stelvio or Quota and you just need to lace up a new rim.

Has anyone seen the factory side cases for the Stelvio yet? You know you can't have a manly Paris-Dakar adventure bike without gnarly side cases. Speaking of which...could one of you blokes tell "long way" Ewan I've found the perfect Quota for his next adventure? :P

dsc02677.jpg