Anybody going to see Led Zeppelin?

Guest Kevin H

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if my local newspaper is correct, Led Zeppelin is reuniting for a single show in London tonigt. Any V11ers going? It probably costs an arm and two legs.

I don't think there'll be any V11ers. It's pretty much VVIPs.

Ewan McGregor maybe?

Oh - for those (UK) who don't have it on dvd, I see that Led Zep Live Madison Square Gardens 1973 is on Channel 4 tonight.

...showing a legendary rock band. But life? This reunion bullshit just makes people sad. "F*#k everybody over 30, aah, oops, over 70!". Thanks a lot.

Hubert

It's going well for the 20,000 audience, according to the BBC.

A 25-year-old man has spent £83,000 in a charity auction for two Led Zeppelin tickets.

– from BBC interview broadcast on Thursday 6 December 2007 and available on website

...showing a legendary rock band. But life? This reunion bullshit just makes people sad. "F*#k everybody over 30, aah, oops, over 70!". Thanks a lot.

Hubert

I don't know that I'd put it quite that harshly but if that's what happens then at least I'll be safe for the next year and a half :grin: Too bad for all you old F#C%ers :oldgit:

Regarding Led Zepplin, one of the best bands ever but you could probably buy the DVD in about 6 months for $30. You just won't get the free contact high :rasta: I might pay a grand if Pink Floyd ever does a reunion.....with Roger Waters of course. Would have loved for the Roger Waters 2007 tour to stop in the D.C. area.

I might pay a grand if Pink Floyd ever does a reunion.....with Roger Waters of course. Would have loved for the Roger Waters 2007 tour to stop in the D.C. area.

I saw a concert on PBS by "Australian Pink Floyd" - they are officially sanctioned by the originals as the best Pink Floyd cover band - they really sound like the original group 30 years ago, not like a bunch of old guys playing Pink Floyd music that, sadly, the originals have become. Keep an eye out for them. They did a US tour last year, but I couldn't get to the Boston show. <_ joe>

The concert was a one off event in memory of the founder of Atlantic records who passed away this year. Over a million people applied for the 9000 pairs of tickets which were allocated by ballot.

Tickets were £125 each and by all accounts the gig was brilliant.

Led_Zeppelin_rock_group_Paris.jpg

Don't expect a reunion tour- I believe this was a one off.

John Bonham's looking good. It's amazing what they can do with embalming these days. Movement and everything.

Movement? I don't see any.

And everything? Come on now.

Embalming – just say no.

So that's ~$250 USD apiece at latest depreciation? Not too bad, but over the pond is too far away, and not a snowball's chance in hell of getting a seat.

A large amount of the audience came from the States.

The Stones were higher than that at certain venues.

mmm apparently Zep were so good 'cos they're all clean now, whereas...

Ramble on.