Memories of Galloway

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics! Thanks.

Actually Anton and I met Guy, Helen, Mal, Lindsey, Andy and their friends Magnus and (What was her name again... sorry!) at the Boxmeer Rally yesterday. We had some really lousy coffee and apple pie with cream on a very sunny terrace. It was good to meet them all again.

FWIW... Mal bought a Beemer <_ unforgivable>

Mal, you leaper! You infidel! How could you ("He used to be such a good lad when he was younger.....") :D

Well, call it temporary insanity. Mal, speak up, we want to hear the story!

And thanks to Ballabio Bertie for the great pics. I promised to upload my snaps from my Tour de Gallaoway but I haven't been able to do so because I couldn't find the connecting cable for the pc. Gave my sons a major bollocking for beeing a bunch of fat slaggers until I found out I had the cable in my tank bag....... Will upload tonight when I get back home, promise!

Cheers

Søren

PS: Got a nice flat front tyre on my Scura BTW <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_homer.gif" alt=":homer:">

Heeeeelllou,

at last!!

Here's my photo contribution from the Galloway rally. Couldn't resize the pictures so I had to upload them on Community Webshots. Please follow this link: Visit My Website

Note! If you can't view the images then type 'guzzitikkanen' as username and 'samson' as password. And no, there are no obscene flicks of me and Her Indoors in latex or what have you..... :P

Cheers Søren

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have no excuses other than madness.... ^_^

Yes sorry I've turned to the dark side and added a blimmer to the stable :huh: (R1100S although its an ss model but I don't advertise that too much!).

Soren, I don't think there is an explanation without a psychiatrists report but a week or so before our European tour I had the V11 in bits (clutch problems) the LM3 in bits (top end problems) and no sign of parts arriving in time for either of them, I had a spare bit of cash in my pocket and some loose marbles elsewhere about my person, a perfect recipe for rash bike buying.

I wanted something a bit different (and that could do trips two up - girlfriend and/or inflatable sheep and no I don't want a breva) and had a few bikes in mind and I'm sorry to say have always quite liked the 1100s, its something I've tried to hide and get counselling for but as soon as my psychiatric nurse turned his back I was off running over the fields and got hold of a sagging titmobile...and do you know whats worse, I've just done a 2,500 mile trip around europe and really enjoyed it...... :o

Can't be all bad as I can't imagine life without a Guzzi and will keep one of them.

Mal (part time leper) :rolleyes::P

Hi all

I have no excuses other than madness.... ^_^

Yes sorry I've turned to the dark side and added a blimmer to the stable :huh: (R1100S although its an ss model but I don't advertise that too much!).

Soren, I don't think there is an explanation without a psychiatrists report but a week or so before our European tour I had the V11 in bits (clutch problems) the LM3 in bits (top end problems) and no sign of parts arriving in time for either of them, I had a spare bit of cash in my pocket and some loose marbles elsewhere about my person, a perfect recipe for rash bike buying.

I wanted something a bit different (and that could do trips two up - girlfriend and/or inflatable sheep and no I don't want a breva) and had a few bikes in mind and I'm sorry to say have always quite liked the 1100s, its something I've tried to hide and get counselling for but as soon as my psychiatric nurse turned his back I was off running over the fields and got hold of a sagging titmobile...and do you know whats worse, I've just done a 2,500 mile trip around europe and really enjoyed it...... :o

Can't be all bad as I can't imagine life without a Guzzi and will keep one of them.

Mal (part time leper) :rolleyes::P

In Mals defence, I've not often seen a pair of saggy tits handled quite so well....

................................................over the twisty mountain passes!! :P

Before the trip began for me I had to pick up a birthday present for a certain Dutchman....DSCN1080.jpg

I shared that lovely present with a few friends (that know whisky) and they were very enthusiastic about Highland Park!

Not being a whisky drinker, I had to get used to it, but after five or six shots it tasted excellent! :D

Thanks again!