fathers worst nightmare

Van

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van, when you read "father's worst nightmare" you hope it is a story of his daughter's boyfriend; it can only be that or a story like yours. Sorry to hear of Tom's accident, but glad it happened where you had access to the right kind of care quickly. Tom is your top priority, as he should be, but don't forget to take care of yourself, too. There are enough prayers, positive thoughts, and general good JuJu from the Guzzi community to sustain him for a couple of hours so you can take a break. We are all hoping, wishing, and praying for a full and speedy recovery.

Garsdad

Van,

Been away from the v11 website for awhile....after missing my Lemans, I decided t buy another......read your thread - just wanted to confirm, my thoughts, prayers and best wishes, coupled with those of many others, are with you completely.

Piper1

As a father and fellow rider as well as having a son that rides, your experience is close to home for many of us. Wishing all in your family, especially your son, a continued recovery from this ordeal.

Best Regards

Heartfelt wishes for a positive outcome. Stay hopeful and keep after his health care providers.

No offsping myself, but I've heard it said that having children means accepting that we provide hostages to fate. Tom is lucky to have you.

Best wishes to Tom and do take care of yourself. If you post the address of the hospital, I'm sure some folks would send a card along with their prayers, white lights and zen thoughts.

Sorry to hear the news but I am truely glad that your Son has survived the incident and is recovering. My Dad called me last week to inform me that the wife of one of his step nephews was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident while on her way to a charity event. I didn't know her but I am told that she truely loved riding.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your son Tom and to all of your family. I hope his recovery is speedy and complete.

Mike

So glad to hear that Tom is on the mend, Van. There is not much to say that others haven't but I think the more people who think about what you are going through and wish Tom well the better. Hope to see you guys at the next National.

Al

Sorry to hear of this. Few of us on this forum ever meet face to face, but we share a common bond, and our thoughts and prayers go out to you and Tom. He is here, he is alive, and you have your son; let's hope foe a speedy and complete recovery. By sharing your experience, all of us will give an extra hug to our children and other loved ones, and realize how precious these people are.

Best wishes to Tom and do take care of yourself. If you post the address of the hospital, I'm sure some folks would send a card along with their prayers, white lights and zen thoughts.

That's a great idea. :thumbsup: thanks.

1. Tom Van Enter

Rm. 7410A

Vancouver General Hospital

899 12th Avenue West

Vancouver

B.C.

V5Z-1M9

Canada

2. Tom Van Enter

Apt. 108

2424 Cypress st.

Vancouver

B.C.

V6J-1T6

Canada

You know, this is one of the things that drew me into motorcycling all those years ago, not only the whole riding thing but the people.

Honda said it in the sixties,"you meet the nicest people on a Honda". I have always found that I have meet some of the nicest people through this sport and you guys are the best. I really don't want to bring you all down with this sombre news about my son as this site should be all about love, life, and the shared joys and tribulations of our wonderful bikes. I do thank you all for your warm responces.

p.s. anyone know or had experience with a really good California Motorcycle type lawyer??

Van