more eicma 2008

Paul Minnaert

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember seeing that green griso about a year ago, nice wheels. Recently saw a stelvio parked next to a gs the stelvio aint so ugly and it's a very narrow bike compared to the gs

The Stelvio ( for the market share it's after) is absolutely beautiful.. The Griso I would have to look at (the color) in person. It can be painted to suit anyone else's taste.Belfast Guzzi's sunset pic of his Griso tells me "Black is the only color" for this bike.The Griso is the sexiest bike MG has sold to date.

BFGuzzi by the way, tell us about the setting where you took this picture I am referring to!

The Stelvio ( for the market share it's after) is absolutely beautiful.. The Griso I would have to look at (the color) in person. It can be painted to suit anyone else's taste.Belfast Guzzi's sunset pic of his Griso tells me "Black is the only color" for this bike.The Griso is the sexiest bike MG has sold to date.

BFGuzzi by the way, tell us about the setting where you took this picture I am referring to!

Which pic is that?

MG are bad boys for not making the wire wheels available originally.

Which pic is that?

MG are bad boys for not making the wire wheels available originally.

Yup. I've been pissing and moaning about mine not having spoke wheels for, well, since I bought it! :lol: I've just sold my 1100 so I reckon I might just syphon off some of the money off for a set of new wires when they become available. (According to the on-line parts list the wheels for the Stelvio are hideously expensive so I expect the Griso ones will be likewise absurd but I can probably defray costs by selling the Marchessini/Brembos off the 8V.)

Interestingly this model doesn't have the petal rotors my 8V does which wouldn't wory me a jot as I actually think the brakes on my 1100 are better than those on the 1200. Whether this is related to calipers, pad material, or the discs I have no idea.

Pete

new:

the griso in tenni colors, called griso se(special edition), with wire wheels.

moto-guzzi-ad-eicma-2008_3.jpg

The stelvio in TT version, with all options, and as option 4,25"rearwheeel, so other tyres fit.

moto-guzzi-ad-eicma-2008_1.jpg

And the nevada in burgundy.

As an owner of 2 bikes that are in the same catagory as the Stelvio, the 'Adventure Bike', I can say that yes, the Stelvio is beautiful in it's ugliness just as the rest of them are. It's ugliness is quite unique I must say, like a giant bug. I must say. I do like the panniers for it, they look like they are quite usable.

As for the wire wheel issue, I am shaking my head why Moto Guzzi, Triumph, and others do not adopt the style of wheel that they use out of Spandau. Having the spokes attach outside the sealing of the tire rim makes perfect sense. Having individual seals on every one of the spokes, to me just makes no sense. The possibilioty of a seal compromise must be higher.

Steve

... a set of new wires when they become available. (According to the on-line parts list the wheels for the Stelvio are hideously expensive so I expect the Griso ones will be likewise absurd but I can probably defray costs by selling the Marchessini/Brembos off the 8V.)

I'd need black spokes.

They're using silver in those photos. <_>

I'd need black spokes.

They're using silver in those photos. <_>

Well, they do it never right for all of us. I'm not so fond of the wire wheels on the griso.

I do like the bellagio/v7 sport photoshop that was posted. There such wheels make sense.

As for the wire wheel issue, I am shaking my head why Moto Guzzi, Triumph, and others do not adopt the style of wheel that they use out of Spandau.

The other manufacturers will, just give'em time. BMW brought those wheels out & patented them in what, 1993? So it'll still take some time before their patent runs out. Obviously, they're charging unreasonable license fees to maintain their exclusivity for the GS [bread & butter of BMW motorcycles], or everyone would be using them already... :nerd:

As for the wire wheel issue, I am shaking my head why Moto Guzzi, Triumph, and others do not adopt the style of wheel that they use out of Spandau. Having the spokes attach outside the sealing of the tire rim makes perfect sense. Having individual seals on every one of the spokes, to me just makes no sense. The possibilioty of a seal compromise must be higher.

Steve

Take your BMW or Moto Guzzi EV wheels to a wheel shop and ask to have them trued or repaired.

Then take a set of Alpinas or these new Excels.

You will have your answer.

I really need to replace my 2004 BMW R1150R and I thought the Stelvio would be it. I can buy one about an hour north of where I live - great! But they don't service motorcycles!! It's a vespa store that just started carrying Aprillia and Moto Guzzi. The nearest MG service center is 400 miles away. Other than valves, I do all my own renching. I have the valves checked on the BMW about every 16,000 miles and they've never needed adjusting (after the initial 600 mile service). Should I be concerned with the lack of service for the Guzzi? The dealer north of me can get parts - so that's not an issue.

Signed,

desperately seeking a Guzzi

Where do you live? I would probably buy from the servicing dealer. He will be more likely to help after the sale. It will be nice to drive an hour vs 5 hours to buy though.

Would it not have been better to have the colours the other way round?

The green and brown would be a natural & fitting colour scheme for the 'off-road stylee' Stelvio and the Griso could look suitably posh with that blingy metallic colour. :huh2: