more eicma 2008

Paul Minnaert

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all official press relaeses, and mega big pictures:

http://press.motoguzzi.it/press.asp

In case anyone missed it, they announced the V7 cafe classic without the rubber tank pads that I saw pictured somewhere around here, and with clipons. That's a nice looking little bike!

Big pictures here: http://press.motoguzzi.it/press.asp?idpadr...7&idliv=376

V7%20Cafe%20Classic%20my09%20pictures%2001.jpgV7%20Cafe%20Classic%20my09%20pictures%2002.jpgV7%20Cafe%20Classic%20my09%20pictures%2003.jpgV7%20Cafe%20Classic%20my09%20pictures%2004.jpg

V7%20Cafe%20Classic%20my09%20pictures%2005.jpgV7%20Cafe%20Classic%20my09%20pictures%2006.jpgV7%20Cafe%20Classic%20my09%20pictures%2007.jpg

I think it's interesting that they show the MGS-01 as '09 model too. The pictures still show the old 8v engine. Are they really still making that?

I live in Tampa, Florida USA. Gainesville is where the Vespa dealer is. Now I went to University of Florida and always LOVE going back to Gainesville - so if they could just do service everything would be sweet. The nearest service center is in Ft Lauderdale. A truely horrendous ride from Tampa.

Tampa has an Aprillia / Vespa dealer (who also carries Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki) but no Moto Guzzi.

How often do Guzzi's really need valves checked? Could I handle it myself?

well, cafe classic parts might be to small, but with some diy it sould be possible to transform the bellagio to a v7 sport look.

Start with an alu tank in v7sport shape, that gets adjusted to fit on that frame, alternator in the way and more.

Then the rear.

I live in Tampa, Florida USA. Gainesville is where the Vespa dealer is. Now I went to University of Florida and always LOVE going back to Gainesville - so if they could just do service everything would be sweet. The nearest service center is in Ft Lauderdale. A truely horrendous ride from Tampa.

Tampa has an Aprillia / Vespa dealer (who also carries Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki) but no Moto Guzzi.

How often do Guzzi's really need valves checked? Could I handle it myself?

Checking and adjusting the valves on a Guzzi is about as easy as it gets. If you can change your own oil I think you can handle it. I have a dealer two blocks away, but I do everything I can do myself (sometimes time is more of a limit then difficulty) and if i need a dealer I drive an hour and a half to a dealer I trust. Having a dealer who knows what they're doing is more important then having one who is close.

ah man The Stelvio TT is WHERE ITS AT FOR ME, I'm so sold on that baby, exactly what I was looking for in the stelvio especially if it has heated grips. be awhile before I can get my hands on one, IE afford it, hopefully I can find a used one down the road, would make the perfect mile eater/adventure bike and service doesn't worry me they're a snap to work on and if not there are 2 shops but both are an hour or more away <_>

ah man The Stelvio TT is WHERE ITS AT FOR ME, I'm so sold on that baby, exactly what I was looking for in the stelvio especially if it has heated grips. be awhile before I can get my hands on one, IE afford it, hopefully I can find a used one down the road, would make the perfect mile eater/adventure bike and service doesn't worry me they're a snap to work on and if not there are 2 shops but both are an hour or more away <_>

+1 on that! The TT is set up perfectly, it looks to be a true adventure machine!

It's the classic "New and improved, now with shiney bits" syndrome.

I do like the new Guzzi's. I wish my Griso could have come with wire wheels, though.

well for me, if I bought a new one, and they asked what wheels, wouldn't want the wire wheels, they belong to classic looking bikes, not the griso's masculine look.

Yes but you've got to remeber half these guys come from a country who still thing hard tail bikes are a good idea :P. V7 looks intresting but I agree with Paul a Bellagio based V9.4 would be a hell of a thing to build up.

I must say, I did not like the styling of the earliest Stelvio in photographs, yet the simple refinements of the TT have my attention. That look of an Austrian truck with the brio known for the robust V-twin . . .and luggage like ammo cans . . . after looking at all the GS variants and all the Triumph variants and all the Japanese (and Austrian , and the Aprilia and other Italians), this look is truly exciting.

I remember falling for a Guzzi shown in Milan in 1997. Beautiful, black and charismatic with her Red Frame. It would be three years before anything like her would come close enough for me to bring home. Perhaps the "TT" (what would that stand for? surely not "Tourist Trophy??") will not take so long to find it's way to my "Local Moto Guzzi Dealer in Seattle, Washington" (2000 miles away).

Yes but you've got to remeber half these guys come from a country who still thing hard tail bikes are a good idea :P. V7 looks intresting but I agree with Paul a Bellagio based V9.4 would be a hell of a thing to build up.

Seems like a no-brainer to me...

2096435340097216392s600fs4.jpg