.... I hope it isn't too Americanized and ends up like OCC or some such show!...

I see not much difference between OCC and all I've seen so far from this ACE thingy. It's both a fake, commercially motivated from A to Z. Don't know what those Yuppies think if they see these ACE oldtimers (wannabes ?) holding their few left teeth at the camera, remembering the "Great Times". It's some strange reenactment, really.

Don't get me wrong, I always like a nice old or nicely done new bike when I see one. Watch the preview again and watch how much bike and how much inking, silly grim faces, bitched-up girlies etc. they think a proper ACE related film should contain. Hopefully there will be a bit more of bikes once the broadcast has started.

MO_cafe-racer_Frank-KletschkusSideburn.JPG

If you know the original of the coarse fake above then you might see what I mean, maybe.

Hubert

I suscribe to CafeRacer magazine and would recommend it to any of the others on this site. They have just finished a 3 part segment on tricking out a new V7 classic. By the time it was done I coluld see myself on one.

... you might see what I mean, maybe...

Found these:

The Real Thing: Contemporary footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l34sdWu0rFI&p=A388C7A4E4F0091C&index=60&feature=BF

The Real Thing: 59 Club:

And for Luhbo...another take on it...."you got the leather trousers have you got a bike...well no..."

KB :sun:

Could never afford leather, jacket or trousers, had to make do with PVC and an AJS sticker. Seemed to do the job at the speeds I fell of :homer:. At 16 that 650 AJ transformed my life it was a total 'fanny magnet' :food:.... (translation for the afflicted :grin: across the pond 'it pulled the girls')

.... I hope it isn't too Americanized and ends up like OCC or some such show!...

I see not much difference between OCC and all I've seen so far from this ACE thingy. It's both a fake, commercially motivated from A to Z. Don't know what those Yuppies think if they see these ACE oldtimers (wannabes ?) holding their few left teeth at the camera, remembering the "Great Times". It's some strange reenactment, really.

Don't get me wrong, I always like a nice old or nicely done new bike when I see one. Watch the preview again and watch how much bike and how much inking, silly grim faces, bitched-up girlies etc. they think a proper ACE related film should contain. Hopefully there will be a bit more of bikes once the broadcast has started.

TriBsa-cafe-racer-g.jpg

If you know the original of the coarse fake above then you might see what I mean, maybe.

Hubert

WHERE did this picture come from? !!!!!!!!

Great! I better buy one!!

Might as well complete the wardrobe. You've got the rest of that gear, though your shoes are a slightly bigger size.

It's a fake, commercially motivated from A to Z.... oldtimers (wannabes ?) holding their few left teeth at the camera, remembering the "Great Times". It's some strange reenactment, really.

moto-guzzi-v7-clubman-racer-02.jpg

Hubert

:grin: :grin: