8V head smash

belfastguzzi

Sorry to see your wounded goose BFG - dunno 'bout your thoughts but that line looks suspiciously like a crack. If it looks like a crack & is exactly where it took the hit,

just how coincidental that it's merely a casting flaw would that be?

Nah, it'll be a crack for sure I reckon!

Winged but not down, hey?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big vulnerable sticky out bits are Guzzi's characteristic feature... So I have enquired about crash protection, with no solution. It's easy to get aftermarket crash bungs etc for most 'common' bikes and there are bits of protectors for many of the Guzzis, but no one (from my enquiries) seems to make provision for the Griso.

Sorry to read about more of your misfortune w/ this bike, BFG! :(

WRT protective bits, maybe the Stelvio parts would fit? I'm not certain how different the Quotard models frames are, but it may be worth looking into. Maybe you could find someone w/ a Stelvio that popped for the protective parts who can get together w/ you for a weekend of parts swapping to see if they'll fit so you can find out if they'll xfer or not? :luigi:

Best o' luck! :thumbsup:

The big vulnerable sticky out bits are Guzzi's characteristic feature... So I have enquired about crash protection, with no solution. It's easy to get aftermarket crash bungs etc for most 'common' bikes and there are bits of protectors for many of the Guzzis, but no one (from my enquiries) seems to make provision for the Griso.

Sorry to read about more of your misfortune w/ this bike, BFG! :(

WRT protective bits, maybe the Stelvio parts would fit? I'm not certain how different the Quotard models frames are, but it may be worth looking into. Maybe you could find someone w/ a Stelvio that popped for the protective parts who can get together w/ you for a weekend of parts swapping to see if they'll fit so you can find out if they'll xfer or not? :luigi:

Best o' luck! :thumbsup:

There are crash bars available for the Griso. Dan has them on his SE in Florida.

P7043793.jpg

They don't even look too bad. I'm considering a set.

Pete

*On seeing previous comment*

The glued repair to the broken tank outlet elbow is holding up ok.

ha :rolleyes: ha :lol: haaa :doh:

I spoke too soon

There are crash bars available... Dan (or maDanna as he likes to be known, of an evening) has them on in Florida.

madonna.jpg

Pete

Go for it.

There are crash bars available... Dan (or maDanna as he likes to be known, of an evening) has them on in Florida.

madonna.jpg

Pete

Go for it.

I reeaallly want one of these Griso SE's. :blush::wub: