Been said before... F_U_C_K IT'S QUIET!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had sumpin cool to report. I've been so busy building baby furniture and complying with the wife's tasking that the only thing I've done involving the V11 was tip it over off the stand while I was messing around with my spoked wheel experiment and doing the 'probably not often enough' back end grease, clean and lube. The new Buell turn signals just arrived with the mail last week. <_>

Not wanting my hands totally grease-free, I've been helping a buddy of mine who just finished wedging a Ninja 650 motor into his KLR frame; we took that out into the desert for a test run, so all my recent mileage has been on my DR650. :grin: Lots of good desert riding out here, but maybe not as much as in Moracco. Nice part is, we're only ever a half an hour or so from a cold beer in the San Diego foothills.

Maybe we need a "S*%t that's keeping us occupied while we're not riding our V11's" thread...

Maybe we need a "S*%t that's keeping us occupied while we're not riding our V11's" thread...

I've been working on a small windmill, and looking into making a Stirling engine next. Oh, and painted the child's room.

It's been about 95-100 F every day here for the last gosh-knows-when. It is just not fun to drive in this weather.

The 650/KLR project sounds like fun!

I've been working on a small windmill, and looking into making a Stirling engine next. Oh, and painted the child's room.

It's been about 95-100 F every day here for the last gosh-knows-when. It is just not fun to drive in this weather.

The 650/KLR project sounds like fun!

Post progress on the stirling engine...those things are really cool. The 650 twin project my buddy took on is pretty cool. It rides a lot like the BMW f800gs. In case anyone's interested:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710918

I'd rather have a Guzzi, but until they make a small block stelvio, I guess the UJM will rule supreme.

Geez, you guys, talk about thread drift! He wanted INSULTING comments. Unfortunately, I'm not fat...

...but I've been called a Bastard, ALOT, (and was one in the literal sense), so here goes,

"Hey Scuroo, Your brake and clutch fluids are so effin' old they are the color of extremely dark monkey piss, mixed with very cheap, rot gut bourbon, and smells so bad it could knock a full grown, starved male buzzard offa shit wagon, and you, Sir, are a half baked,aborted reject of a sphylitic Siberian prison drudge phuck":o

P.S. PLEASE do not take this as an actual shot your Mum :whistle:

Jason & Jaap, we need pictures! That windmill project sounds cool. And a strip poker float? That should be interesting.

Felix, If that baby furniture is for your baby, Congratulations! It's good to hear that you can still ride in the desert out there too.

Henry, you're thuch a thavage!

From the $hit that's keeping me occupied when I'm not riding dept: I'm fixing an old GPZ1100 with a burned valve for a friend. I reinstalled the cams last night and hope to have it running soon. Shim under bucket tappets are a pain in the arse! Guzzis are much simpler but this has been a good learning experience since I've never worked on an in-line four before. Next I need to go through the carbs.

This is it before the teardown. Anybody want to buy an old Kawasaki?

IMG_1018.jpg

Other than that I'm doing a retaining wall and drainage project at home and visiting colleges with my son. Exciting stuff huh? :not:

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries bbblll.gif

Oh sorry I think someones done that linerolleyes.gif

Came too late on the scene - so only got to know him by proxy...

But, but... I sure miss that RatchetHack. Aah, to suckle on those vinegar tits & to feel the swipe of his gnarly paw - I love that ol' codger!

Bring him back Jaap!

Geez, you guys, talk about thread drift! He wanted INSULTING comments. Unfortunately, I'm not fat...

...but I've been called a Bastard, ALOT, (and was one in the literal sense), so here goes,

"Hey Scuroo, Your brake and clutch fluids are so effin' old they are the color of extremely dark monkey piss, mixed with very cheap, rot gut bourbon, and smells so bad it could knock a full grown, starved male buzzard offa shit wagon, and you, Sir, are a half baked,aborted reject of a sphylitic Siberian prison drudge phuck":o

P.S. PLEASE do not take this as an actual shot your Mum :whistle:

And yer favorite drink is whiskey.....

I'll see what I can do about pictures- I'm prototyping the windmill with some cardboard soda boxes right now, lol.

J

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries bbblll.gif

Oh sorry I think someones done that linerolleyes.gif

Came too late on the scene - so only got to know him by proxy...

But, but... I sure miss that RatchetHack. Aah, to suckle on those vinegar tits & to feel the swipe of his gnarly paw - I love that ol' codger!

Bring him back Jaap!

No

Bring him back Jaap![/font][/b][/size]

No

Shame about Ratchethack, I didn't mind him at all - I liked some of his stuff. He had useful experience to contribute & devoted a lot of his time to helping with issues people might have. Trouble was, he didn't know how to keep it in his pants - every thread degenerated into his slagging someone off in detail & at length. It got very boring, especially when it infected the Tech forum: I just couldn't be arsed to scroll through the acres of repetetive diatribe (littered with meticulously researched quotations - where did he get the time & energy?) to unearth any relevant discussion. So I didn't bother coming here so much. It was bad for the forum. If he'd just been more discerning it would've been OK, but I guess he was just using this place to excercise some personality problems. Is he on any other Guzzi forums under a different name? I haven't noticed his particular style anywhere else.

Funny thing was; his long-suffering punch-bag, dlaing, disappeared at the same time, maybe they needed each other, maybe they were two sides of the same ego - I dunno.

In Jaap I trust :thumbsup: .

KB :sun:

Trouble was, he didn't know how to keep it in his pants - every thread degenerated into his slagging someone off in detail & at length.

yah...in my opinion, he took a little too much pleasure in being antagonistic along with a snarky condescending tone.

maybe he's not like that in real life, but a total turn off online.

Shame about Ratchethack, I didn't mind him at all - I liked some of his stuff. He had useful experience to contribute & devoted a lot of his time to helping with issues people might have.

Funny thing was; his long-suffering punch-bag, dlaing, disappeared at the same time, maybe they needed each other, maybe they were two sides of the same ego - I dunno.

KB :sun:

...so maybe dlaing was the little runt after all! Ratchethack gets chucked off - and dlaing then pisses off 'cos he decided

it was not as much fun after all with 'ol Ratch gone. Bit rich of the whinging little prick don'tcha think?

The protagonist's hand-bagging each other may have got a bit much at times - but at least there was something to read when you visited!

Often I swing by from time to time & the post's have'nt changed! WTF is that all about? And you still say you don't want Ratch back?

Listen, forum's are a unique mix of learning, enlightenment, my willy's bigger than your willy, and my Dad's bigger than your dad,

bullshitting entertaining coloseum - kinda like what mates do really!

C'mon guy's, we're supposed to be guzzi brothers! Some of my best memories are the fights I had with my own flesh & blood... (R.I.P.)

I say, let's see whether he'd bury the hatchet and join the faaaaaaamily once again. We're bigger than that are'nt we?

Betcha dlaing will turn up soon after too.... :stupid: