Been said before... F_U_C_K IT'S QUIET!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love riding in the UK and Ireland but if you want consistent good riding weather we live in the wrong place!

Not riding at all right now as the Scura has blown the clutch and is now parked at the mechanics in Copenhagen. Will be expensive! Feck.... :ninja:

I love riding in the UK and Ireland but if you want consistent good riding weather we live in the wrong place!

Agreed but when it is good it is very good. Last weekend was fantastic. Put a lot of miles on the clock just riding nowhere in particular; loads of fast motorway then twisties. Bike didn't miss a beat. Coffee stop spent just staring at the bike, listening to it click and pop as it cooled down. Ride home with loads of other bikers out just for the hell of it, fast take offs from the traffic lights, leaving the boy racers behind in their cars. Evening in the pub then back home to Cameron Diaz. Sorry, lied about the last bit - that would have me believe I actually was in paradise. Why can it not always be this way ?

• 2 weeks later...

Still getting good riding weather here in the UK . . .

STILL!!??

Now hang on there! Speak for yourself, dear chap. You're talking Essex, perhaps? While southerners bask in the soft and sheltered sun-spots of the Sceptered Isle, all is not fair and equal in these lands.

_41155447_weather203.jpg

Every time that I have seen a weather map on the evening news, since I posted above, it has shown the same consistent picture: fierce masses of stormy wetness blanket and pound the northern reaches, while 'down below', babies eat ice cream on the beaches. Northern Ireland, Western Scotland – there is permanent intonation of doom in the opening announcements of the far-distant BBC London Weather Presenters, before they slide contented into the balmy lap of the Home Counties and the sweltering metropolis.

It seldom changes

weather19.jpg300weather_newold.jpg

weather-maps-test-3.jpg

Essex

warmweatherPA_450x350.jpg

Northern Ireland

MuddyGirl_450x566.jpg

Not true, we had some mild drizzle for ten minutes last Wednesday. I nearly had to wipe my visor. :grin:

Sorry, after a great day riding in the sunshine it is hard to think that the weather is crap a few hundred miles away.

PS. Where did you get that picture of my sister ??

It was quite chilly today and I got rained on near Ashford. Before you call me a southerner, I'm not but living in Kent is miles drier/warmer than my Lancashire homeland even if you can't get a steak pudding and gravy down the chippy and people seem to think it's acceptable to put milk in the tea BEFORE taking the bag out and brewing til it's like engine oil. Nice roads though and close to france for Euro trips.

It was quite chilly today

Quite chilly!

It bloomin' well lashed down! Sounded like 20,000 horsemen of the apocalypse riding over the roof. Black as sin.

We had some snow in parts today.

Tomorrow:

Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.22.31.pngScreen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.23.20.png "South and East getting away with some sunshine.." her words (just as I was thinking, the Southerners seem to be getting away...

Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.34.22.png "a lot of dry and sunny weather across Kent" he says. "Across north and west the showers keep going relentlessly", he says.

The weather here in St. Louis has been awful :cheese: . 25 C for the highs. Chance for sun tan. Yesterday, we had a bit of wind, but it has been still for almost a week prior. This evening we are getting rain, but it should clear out soon.

The only reason I can gloat now is that we had about a month of above 38 C everyday this summer. Winter will probably be brutal.....

A windmill wot u made?

Why have you included a child in the sale?

I think there's a better chance of selling them separately.

Or, throw the barbecue in with the windmill?

What the heck you talkin' 'bout?

I was raised in Texas....we *never* sell our barbeques.

It was quite chilly today

Quite chilly!

It bloomin' well lashed down! Sounded like 20,000 horsemen of the apocalypse riding over the roof. Black as sin.

We had some snow in parts today.

Tomorrow:

Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.22.31.pngScreen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.23.20.png "South and East getting away with some sunshine.." her words (just as I was thinking, the Southerners seem to be getting away...

Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.34.22.png "a lot of dry and sunny weather across Kent" he says. "Across north and west the showers keep going relentlessly", he says.

Looks like the 'Global Warming' thread is sneaking in through the back door here :o

Better keep you eye on these boys Jaap :oldgit:

Could be some serious trouble :grin:

It was quite chilly today and I got rained on near Ashford. Before you call me a southerner, I'm not but living in Kent is miles drier/warmer than my Lancashire homeland even if you can't get a steak pudding and gravy down the chippy and people seem to think it's acceptable to put milk in the tea BEFORE taking the bag out and brewing til it's like engine oil. Nice roads though and close to france for Euro trips.

You make sure your whippet doesn't get sunstroke. The sun here is stronger than you might think.

A windmill wot u made?

Why have you included a child in the sale?

I think there's a better chance of selling them separately.

Or, throw the barbecue in with the windmill?

What the heck you talkin' 'bout?

I was raised in Texas....we *never* sell our barbeques.

Oh: child included for scale

sorry, I thought you said 'for sale' ;)

Anyhow, couldn't you have included a yard stick / metre rule? How are we meant to know what size the alleged child is?

Plus, if it really is a so-called windmill (and it obviously isn't) why are you putting the alleged child in the way of danger – immediately under lethal metal blades on a structure that clearly isn't 'approved' in its fixing or its fitting? Plus why would you have an alleged windmill placed low between a building and the nearby untamed jungle that is impenetrable to gusty blow?

There is more to this curious scene than meets the eye.

Is it a radioactive x-ray machine?