Been said before... F_U_C_K IT'S QUIET!

Oh: child included for scale

sorry, I thought you said 'for sale' ;)

Anyhow, couldn't you have included a yard stick / metre rule? How are we meant to know what size the alleged child is?

Plus, if it really is a so-called windmill (and it obviously isn't) why are you putting the alleged child in the way of danger – immediately under lethal metal blades on a structure that clearly isn't 'approved' in its fixing or its fitting? Plus why would you have an alleged windmill placed low between a building and the nearby untamed jungle that is impenetrable to gusty blow?

There is more to this curious scene than meets the eye.

Is it a radioactive x-ray machine?

Funny you should mention an x-ray machine. Not pertinent to this discussion, but funny nonetheless.

I assure you that the alleged child is, in fact, an actual child. I have the bill of sale and everything.

The lethal metal blades you mention...well, they are pretty sharp. I was thinking of putting some rubber trim on them since I'm tired of picking up dead birds, the occasional cat and neighbor's finger. Perhaps if I just welded up the bearings? That might improve safety a bit, although I don't need to remind you that this is the USA, where the use of deadly force for protecting one's home is the kind of behavior (behaviour) that is actually encouraged.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh: child included for scale

sorry, I thought you said 'for sale' ;)

Anyhow, couldn't you have included a yard stick / metre rule? How are we meant to know what size the alleged child is?

Plus, if it really is a so-called windmill (and it obviously isn't) why are you putting the alleged child in the way of danger – immediately under lethal metal blades on a structure that clearly isn't 'approved' in its fixing or its fitting? Plus why would you have an alleged windmill placed low between a building and the nearby untamed jungle that is impenetrable to gusty blow?

There is more to this curious scene than meets the eye.

Is it a radioactive x-ray machine?

The lethal metal blades you mention...well, they are pretty sharp. I was thinking of putting some rubber trim on them since I'm tired of picking up dead birds, the occasional cat and neighbor's finger. Perhaps if I just welded up the bearings? That might improve safety a bit, although I don't need to remind you that this is the USA, where the use of deadly force for protecting one's home is the kind of behavior (behaviour) that is actually encouraged.

Ah, smart. (I knew it wasn't a windmill.) So it tracks around the perimeter of the house, at speed, snaring and slicing.

Why don't you just get an angry dog?

It was quite chilly today

Quite chilly!

It bloomin' well lashed down! Sounded like 20,000 horsemen of the apocalypse riding over the roof. Black as sin.

We had some snow in parts today.

Tomorrow:

Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.22.31.pngScreen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.23.20.png "South and East getting away with some sunshine.." her words (just as I was thinking, the Southerners seem to be getting away...

Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.34.22.png "a lot of dry and sunny weather across Kent" he says. "Across north and west the showers keep going relentlessly", he says.

Oh really? No, surely the raging cloud can't again/still/currently/today/again/as usual be over [certain northerly areas] leaving [certain southerly areas] lovely and clear for the lovely sunshine to beam through in a lovely soft way. Quelle surprise!

Screen Shot 2011-10-22 at 00.56.16.png

I'm sure with all your power and influence you can arrange for Ireland to be towed further south, maybe down as far as Portugal.

Great weather but you better warn all the gingers to keep covered up.

I'm going to get rich and then commission JRT to build windmills all around the north and west coast. This great barrier will dissipate the constant gusts and slice the pouring rain into a fine mist that will rise in the sky again and then coalesce somewhere in the general area of Kent and Belgium.

It was quite chilly today

Quite chilly!

It bloomin' well lashed down! Sounded like 20,000 horsemen of the apocalypse riding over the roof. Black as sin.

We had some snow in parts today.

Tomorrow:

Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.22.31.pngScreen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.23.20.png "South and East getting away with some sunshine.." her words (just as I was thinking, the Southerners seem to be getting away...

Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 23.34.22.png "a lot of dry and sunny weather across Kent" he says. "Across north and west the showers keep going relentlessly", he says.

Oh really? No, surely the raging cloud can't again/still/currently/today/again/as usual be over [certain northerly areas] leaving [certain southerly areas] lovely and clear for the lovely sunshine to beam through in a lovely soft way. Quelle surprise!

Screen Shot 2011-10-22 at 00.56.16.png

Got as far north as Madchester today. Lovely sunshine, bit nippy when the sun went down. Are you a rain God ?

Madchester today. Lovely sunshine,

So I believe – it just so happens that I caught some of the weather forecast, or... was it yesterday's or the day before or the day before that, or...

no it was today right enough.

More of the same tomorrow then?

Even the mighty BBC were thwarted today. I noticed a few announcements on tv this morning saying that the expected Ceebebe's (I'm sure that's not how it's spelt, no idea) live broadcast to come from this part of Northern Ireland (as a special treat to this far-flung outpost of BBCLand) was cancelled, because of the wind. Ha ha ha ha ha. <_>

But then, the presenters were probably all softy southerners, shipped in from The City and possibly :sun: Kent.

Ha ha ho ho I've got the iPod on shuffle, playing through the stereo. As I type this, what should come on but The Incredible String Band singing the Sweet Banks Of Italy. Grief, it's a conspiracy I tell you! The very words now are:

The sun shines bright in France

Yellow it shines on high Barbary

O be my light of day

Tarry not long on the banks of sweet Italy

Summer's gone with calm days

Ungentle now is Biscay Bay...

aye, joyous sun in an October evening, I've abandoned shuffle and just been listening on to the Incredible String Band and Robin Williamson.

Talking about October:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W_Pk4cqGGo&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCnJdQ9izto&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

Might I suggest starting at page 1 on the global warming thread. Read in it's entirety, I imagine it should keep you busy for roughly 6-8 weeks. Then, compose an executive summary and report back. :grin: I think that will explain some of the reasons things turned out the way they did.

Meanwhile, in sunny Southern California, with no forseeable end to the workday, my attention is drawn to a flickering "Beer Low" light that is only gaining intensity. May all of our more easterly friends out there be enjoying their post-week pints as we speak. :bier:

Well... I'm reporting back. But, did'nt finish my homework - got kinda sidetracked.

Couple of years ago, I'd never even seen a V11 before being surprised at just how small the Scura R appeared being wheeled off van onto driveway.

Later, rode down South of Biarritz in France for swim in the Atlantic before official start of our "Ocean to Sea" zig-zag blast thru the Pyrenees before symbolic swim in the Med to end fortnight trip before mad Peage/toll-roads dash back to Blighty - with a drunken plan formed to ride the Sahara desert...

So, in March this year bought Quota 1100es in Germany (to protect the Scura R, darl') and in April was riding South through Morocco in search of desert sands. No knowledge - no tools, but full of joy.

The two are parked side by side inside but when the lights go down, I have no idea what sort of fornication these things get up to... but these things breed!

So friends - I'm here to report I've done gone and done it again, unridden, unseen.

'Cos two weeks ago not one, but two more little buggers got wheeled onto the drive at 9pm at night!

A two owner, 18000 mile 'lil silvery-blue '81 V50 Monza followed by a white/red-frame '85 V65 TT with 14000 miles on the clock.

Ummm, so does mean I've got the guzzi-rabies virus? When does the foaming start?

Cheers! ScuRoo

Scura R

Quota 1100es

V50 Monza

V65 TT

...always wanted to do that - feels good too.

• 2 months later...

Madchester today. Lovely sunshine,

So I believe – it just so happens that I caught some of the weather forecast, or... was it yesterday's or the day before or the day before that, or...

no it was today right enough.

More of the same tomorrow then?

Even the mighty BBC were thwarted today. I noticed a few announcements on tv this morning saying that the expected Ceebebe's (I'm sure that's not how it's spelt, no idea) live broadcast to come from this part of Northern Ireland (as a special treat to this far-flung outpost of BBCLand) was cancelled, because of the wind. Ha ha ha ha ha. <_>

But then, the presenters were probably all softy southerners, shipped in from The City and possibly :sun: Kent.

Ha ha ho ho I've got the iPod on shuffle, playing through the stereo. As I type this, what should come on but The Incredible String Band singing the Sweet Banks Of Italy. Grief, it's a conspiracy I tell you! The very words now are:

The sun shines bright in France

Yellow it shines on high Barbary

O be my light of day

latest update from the sub-tropical south. Nice sunny day (Sunday). Can't work out if this is the end of a riding season or the beginning of a new one. What happened to winter ? must be tough oop north.

guzzi sun comp.JPG

latest update from the sub-tropical south. Nice sunny day (Sunday). Can't work out if this is the end of a riding season or the beginning of a new one. What happened to winter ? must be tough oop north.

Is that photo from today?

It's true that today should really be the start of a new riding year.

This day last year I posted some photos of the first ride of the new year – but was soundly told off 'cos there were no Guzzi photos (I was on Aprilia Dorsoduro).

For this weekend, I thought about it, but I'm much too old now. That year's difference has been quite significant. I fear that February may be the start of my year.

Had a quick look to find last 'year's topic. It didn't take long, as there were so few posts over the year. As the man said, "*&£$ It's quiet here!" This year might be even quieter, speaking personally. *Tries to bend knee* to shuffle to kitchen for mug of Horlicks.

Nostalgia

This day last year:

5361129851_b276cc2f2b.jpg

5361745416_f7840f21a4.jpg

Is that photo from today?

It's true that today should really be the start of a new riding year.

This day last year I posted some photos of the first ride of the new year – but was soundly told off 'cos there were no Guzzi photos (I was on Aprilia Dorsoduro).

For this weekend, I thought about it, but I'm much too old now. That year's difference has been quite significant. I fear that February may be the start of my year.

Yes that was today - meet of the Essex branch of the MGOC. Must admit it was damn cold on the way back and I know I will pay for it in the joints tomorrow. I have started staring at the Norge in the local dealers thinking that three settings for heated grips and all that wind protection is where I need to be.

Nice scenery BTW

As the man said, "*&£$ It's quiet here!" This year might be even quieter, speaking personally.

I for one kinda like impassioned (argumentative) forum dudes. Ones that get so into it they write mini novels explaining their pov

and stirring up a reaction from one or two takers - it puts a little soul into the party!!

Arguments are better than deathly silence now.... don't you agree?

It's 2012. Time to bring that old bastard back in from the cold...

:2c: