it was a long time...

Slavomir Musilek (R.I.P.)

so...

here we go

82_113_55_14_25-09-11-07-32-27_1316971947sportka2.jpg

guys, any idea where to get 5th gear wheel? In Stein-dinse not available and from Stucchi I reveived info that they have both carburators available (question was: do you have 5th gear wheel for Sport 1100 (carb)? :luigi: )

anyway,

have some spare parts that are not needed, original tail piece (slightly scratched but overall in good condition), pilot and passanger seat, original x-over plus pipes from engine to X-over....

shipping worldwide :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super bike. Look forward to your build. k

I really don't know the answer to this, but is the 5th gear just like every other 5th gear on those boxes?

I know there were some straight-cut gear boxes, but I just don't recall on which models.

In any event, you might contact Charley Cole of Zydeco Racing:

http://www.zydecoracing.com/services.html

He specializes in transmissions and rear drives and comes highly recommended (though I have not used his services myself...yet).

J

I really don't know the answer to this, but is the 5th gear just like every other 5th gear on those boxes?

I know there were some straight-cut gear boxes, but I just don't recall on which models.

In any event, you might contact Charley Cole of Zydeco Racing:

http://www.zydecoracing.com/services.html

He specializes in transmissions and rear drives and comes highly recommended (though I have not used his services myself...yet).

J

Thanks JRT!

just those from ebay...

82_113_55_14_18-09-11-04-47-11_1316357231sport.jpg

the 5th speed is howling but it is not big deal, front fairing was cut to accomodate naked handlebars (WTF????). It went for reasonabla price in the end. Anyway, all I need is the frame, engine and wheels.

Don't know if it is an optical illusion due to the lighting or what, but it also appears that besides trimming the front fairing to fit upright handlebars[1], whoever owned it also opted for the aftermarket rear body work/seat cowl to eliminate the "hips" that were standard on the original 1100 Sport bodywork. Looks worse, but my understanding is that is more comfortable for a passenger?

Seems like the previous owner really wanted a Centauro [upright posture, etc.] & settled for modding the Sport to suit? :luigi:

just those from ebay...

the 5th speed is howling but it is not big deal, front fairing was cut to accomodate naked handlebars (WTF????). It went for reasonabla price in the end. Anyway, all I need is the frame, engine and wheels.

Don't know if it is an optical illusion due to the lighting or what, but it also appears that besides trimming the front fairing to fit upright handlebars[1], whoever owned it also opted for the aftermarket rear body work/seat cowl to eliminate the "hips" that were standard on the original 1100 Sport bodywork. Looks worse, but my understanding is that is more comfortable for a passenger?

Seems like the previous owner really wanted a Centauro [upright posture, etc.] & settled for modding the Sport to suit? :luigi:

true true, that's the reason why it was quite cheap :rasta: and since I will throw the OEM parts away... I wouldn't been strong enough to cut Sport 1100 in original shape :notworthy:

.. and since I will throw the OEM parts away... ...

Could be a DAES tail. Some Germans/Suisses/'Bade-Wuerdebercher' might pay for it. Paul could cross-post the pictures if you want to sell something.

Where does it come from? Was it a German one?

Hubert

.. and since I will throw the OEM parts away... ...

Could be a DAES tail. Some Germans/Suisses/'Bade-Wuerdebercher' might pay for it. Paul could cross-post the pictures if you want to sell something.

Where does it come from? Was it a German one?

Hubert

Hi Luhbo, yes it was a german one.

I will put it on ebay....

regards

Slavek

Try Gutsibits for the 5th gear- they have a huge warehouse of new and used parts and deliver very quickly.

A friend of mine may be interested in the tail piece- how much would you like for it?

Regards

Guy

Thanks for tip Guzzirider!

I have alredy uploaded it on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-guzzi-1100-Sport-monoposto-tail-section-sitzbank-teile-/180733687656?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a14913768

Slavek

82_113_55_14_4-10-11-07-08-25_1317748105shaft.jpg

:doh:

Pshaw, nothin' a little JB Weld can't fix... ;)

:unsure:

Good luck with it all: it seems you've got your work cut out for you! :thumbsup::luigi: