it was a long time...

Slavomir Musilek (R.I.P.)

Hi All,

maybe someones will remember me, I had V11 4 yrs ago, badly crashed it, repaired it, equipped with Ohlins, ported heads, PWC, raced some circuits and sold it with 100.000km on the clock. I wanted change. Guzzi was known to me down to single bolt.

So I got Ducati Sport Classic, crashed one from Italy. Equiped it with some shiny bits here and there and thought it will be enough for some time. What a FOOL was I!!! One ride with friend and his Nero Corsa opened my eyes again. It is not Ducati what I need. I need a Guzzi. Very very badly. The Ducati is pleasant, neck-braking rider position, no comfort, fast, agile, shiny, loud and sweet. But as many said before - Once you taste Guzzi, you're leave it and never try again, or, stick to it whole life.

So, after a year or so I have logged again to this wonderfull site and will be most happy if you take me back.

Oh yes, and I forgot, the new beast will be 1100 Sport (not V11 anymore). Well.... there will be just engine and frame from Sport 1100. :blush: I've fallen in love with bikes from Dynotec Germany and since I cannot offer a new one, I will have to built up my own.

82_113_55_14_15-09-11-06-33-32_1316104412DSC_5381_600px.jpg

82_113_55_14_15-09-11-06-34-07_1316104447most150811.jpg

some pics of my Ducati to please your eyes...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P

Hi All,

maybe someones will remember me, I had V11 4 yrs ago, badly crashed it, repaired it, equipped with Ohlins, ported heads, PWC, raced some circuits and sold it with 100.000km on the clock. I wanted change. Guzzi was known to me down to single bolt.

So I got Ducati Sport Classic, crashed one from Italy. Equiped it with some shiny bits here and there and thought it will be enough for some time. What a FOOL was I!!! One ride with friend and his Nero Corsa opened my eyes again. It is not Ducati what I need. I need a Guzzi. Very very badly. The Ducati is pleasant, neck-braking rider position, no comfort, fast, agile, shiny, loud and sweet. But as many said before - Once you taste Guzzi, you're leave it and never try again, or, stick to it whole life.

So, after a year or so I have logged again to this wonderfull site and will be most happy if you take me back.

Oh yes, and I forgot, the new beast will be 1100 Sport (not V11 anymore). Well.... there will be just engine and frame from Sport 1100. :blush: I've fallen in love with bikes from Dynotec Germany and since I cannot offer a new one, I will have to built up my own.

82_113_55_14_15-09-11-06-33-32_1316104412DSC_5381_600px.jpg

82_113_55_14_15-09-11-06-34-07_1316104447most150811.jpg

some pics of my Ducati to please your eyes...

Thankyou, that Ducati pleases my eyes. Welcome back to the forum

Welcome back to the fold! I, too thought a Ducati was what I needed, had a very nice Monster, but sold it for my Guzzi. No regrets: the Guzzi has so much more soul.

Have a Budvar for me - the best beer in the world!

Welcome back! We missed ya...

The 1100 Sporti was the direct ancestor [father? mother?] of the V11 Sport; all you will be missing is the 6-spd gearbox, really: everything else is similar, if not quite the same! :thumbsup:

Bonus: steel tank, so no worries about alcohol in the fuel [current "hot" thread reference. :grin: ]

Ride on!

:bike: