New 8-Valve motor in a V11 ?

leafman60

Has any industrious soul with a lot of time and ambition tried to do this ?

There are plenty of comments about why it is not easily possible. I can't recall anyone embarking on the engineering that would be required to do it. Apart from wanting to tackle an Everest-like challenge for the sake of it, I don't see that it is really worth doing. The v11 engine has its own charm and is, in a way, better matched to the level of technology of the rest of the V11. In real life, the V11 goes well enough too, compared with the new Guzzis. (For example, you are still stuck with the V11 rear end, which, also, you would have to find a way to match up to. Or would you try to install the whole carc assembly?). Wait until there is a truly new MG engine with water cooling, to provide an interesting challenge.

[ Apart from wanting to tackle an Everest-like challenge for the sake of it, I don't see that it is really worth doing. The v11 engine has its own charm and is, in a way, better matched to the level of technology of the rest of the V11. In real life, the V11 goes well enough too, compared with the new Guzzis. (For example, you are still stuck with the V11 rear end, which, also, you would have to find a way to match up to. Or would you try to install the whole carc assembly?). Wait until there is a truly new MG engine with water cooling, to provide an interesting challenge.

Everest-like challenge? Other than needing a nose-mounted alternator, what challenges do you foresee?

The Nuovo 8V should mount right up to the V11's transmission, so there shouldn't be any driveline issues.

This biggest issue I see is money. I just don't see the average frugal Guzzisti being willing/able to drop the coin to make it happen.

Actually, I'd like to see someone do this with an MGS-01 chassis...

But I'm crazy like that...

:rasta:

Yes. anything is possible. How often would you like to change your clutch? You'll be stuck witha twin-plater or a RAM, with 25 % more power and torque. Good luck with that.

then you'll need a new crankshaft, That'll be nice snd cheap.

If you want a *Modern* Guzzi? Why not just buy one of the new ones, which are great!!!!

Pete