Reaction Rod

rich46

Theory only, unless someone knows the engineer that designed it .....

The box itself is captured by the axle in the swingarm. Not going to have any"movement" there.

We have a 2- piece driveshaft that is capable of being "variable" length.

With the stock rod in place with stock bushings there is a limited amount of up and down movement.

Now this is my own thought....the box could care less about what kind of rod ends are on the Reaction rod.

The only movement the rod is trying to prevent is the box "climbing the gears " as we accelerate

and "falling down" as we decell". It will also  keep the driveshaft within a certain parameters throughout 

its movement.

I was one of the early ones that made a nylon type bushing for mine. I have 100,000 miles on it and 115,000

on the bike.Whether it was the right thing to do...only more time will tell. so far so good 

the experiment I did was to remove the rear wheel and reinstall the box with axle and tighten up.I took the bottom 

shock mount out and installed a good stock reaction rod. Not much up and down movement.

You could get the box to sit a whatever Height you tighten the Rod. Put my rod back in with homemade bushings...

and as we say down here....It was smooth as butter. Full travel of the swingarm.

Maybe I was wrong ....maybe I was right ....it sure rides nice     :race:

That is the outcome I would expect with the different rods. What you felt with the stock rod is the rubber bushes flexing and resisting the movement of the arm. Noticeable in this test but in real world riding I couldn't feel the difference in suspension action between the std and Rossopuro. Such is the case with many mechanical things, what the theory and bench testing exhibits isn't necessarily a significant factor in the riding. A little like the Guzzi engine torque reaction. At standstill its noticeable but riding its not noticeable or an issue.

Ciao   

• Like 1