Movies,with motorcycles

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

Earlier on, some of ya'll posted that you were going to (or already have) bought "Faster" on DVD. Is there a US source? I ran a quick search, but only found things like 'faster! faster! pussycat, kill! kill!' Not a bad movie if you're in the mood, but not quite what I was looking for.

J

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

My wife and I went and saw the Motorcycle Diaries last night.. Politics aside it was a very good movie. Funny and warm. The motorcycle bits reminded me of those first adventures I took on my CB350 with everything strapped to the back of the bike.. except for me it was in Ontario and not in the beautiful landscape of Argentina and Chile.

If you're up for a movie w/ subtitles (its in Spanish) that's different than all the Hollywood crap I'd recommend it.

FWIW

Tim

Guest motor72

The Wild One. Brando on his Triumph beats Lee Marvin on his Harley. This one would have won awards if Brando had been riding a Guzzi.

"On Any Sunday" by Bruce Brown is probably the most appealing motorcycle movie ever made. No particular plot, but then, that's not what it's about. Stars Mert Lawwill, Steve McQueen, Malcom Smith, J.N. Roberts and a cast of "thousands". Thousands? Yep, Us. Motorcyclists. In almost any flavor.

Speaking of the movie "The Wild Ones", I would say that this single Hollywood movie has done more to negatively portray the motorcycle sport to the public in general than everything else combined. Because of this movie, even to this day the site of someone on a scooter strikes fear to some waiting at a traffic light.

It would be very interesting to see what we as motorcyclists would have before us had this movie, and the over-blown events at Holister, California [for which the movie is roughly based] not happened. I'm pretty sure we would be seen in a more positive and publicly accepted situation in North America, where unlike Europe we are still struggling to even be allowed on the road, had it not been for the efforts of the AMA's lobbyists in the U.S. government.

Ciao, Steve G.

Yeah, I have to apologize as an american about the Hasselhoff thing as well. 

What about Harold and Maude?  Classic.

16156[/snapback]

Made my wife watch it with me on Friday. "Why, exactly, are we watching this old flick?"

"Why? There's a Guzzi in it..."

Not to mention a pretty funny film. Also like the El Camino.

• 4 months later...
Uh...yeah: Ernesto "Che" Guevara and Alberto Granado--left Buenos Aires in Dec. '51, went down the coast of Argentina, across the Pampas, over the Andes, through Chile, north to Peru, then Columbia, and ended up in Caracas. Remember, "Che" is just a nickname, not a real first name. Anyway, I'm interested in any reviews of the movie as a motorcycle movie....

30851[/snapback]

available now as a torrent

I am downloading as I write this.

Jaap, hope it is a OK to post an occational torrent-link,

remove this post otherwise.

I Just saw the Motorcycle Dairies,

It is a really great movie.

I am from Chile, and I have been on those routes, it is indeed beautiful... at that time I was in college and I had a Honda CB 360 T :bike: , a fine bike but in a student budget it was not going too far...

I rode and walked the through the Atacama dessert... quite an experience... the brown mountains become red with the sunset... and there is no tree to pee at, just the horizon line of the inmense place, where the rocks crack every nigh ( and your bones too)... I hope I'll be back there in couple of years and bring my MG with me :race: I bet I can keep it running with FIAT parts :luigi: ...

I did the road through Los Andes to Agentina in a Citroen 2CV, it does not stuck in the mud it just float and swims ... (just do not ask for speed).

In 1985 I knew about 2 MG in Chile both of them 1981 LeMans 850...

Anthro