Movies,with motorcycles

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

Anyone not in the U.S. (because it debuts in November, I think) seen Waller's "The Motorcyle Diaries"? The true story of two Argentinians who in 1952 ride a 1939 Norton all over South America? If so, any comments about it as a moto movie?

two Argentinians? they're talking about Che-Guevara dude! :thumbsup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two Argentinians? they're talking about Che-Guevara dude! :thumbsup:

Uh...yeah: Ernesto "Che" Guevara and Alberto Granado--left Buenos Aires in Dec. '51, went down the coast of Argentina, across the Pampas, over the Andes, through Chile, north to Peru, then Columbia, and ended up in Caracas. Remember, "Che" is just a nickname, not a real first name. Anyway, I'm interested in any reviews of the movie as a motorcycle movie....

I think it was his loud pipes that pissed Castro off

Pipes :P: Yeah, he's strictly a cigar guy I believe. :rasta:

Last night I watched Rush Hour with Jackie Chan and the most annoying actor ever, Chris Tucker. It cameoed a scene or two with a Guzzi Sport 1100! Sweet bike.

Last night I watched Rush Hour with Jackie Chan and the most annoying actor ever, Chris Tucker. It cameoed a scene or two with a Guzzi Sport 1100! Sweet bike.

Yes and yes and yes...

But ....

If I recall, they dubbed the sound of a 4 cyl. bike over the Guzzi! I haven't been able to watch that or any other Chris Tucker movie since.

J

Anyone remember a movie called 'Little Foss and Big Halsey' or something like that? I havn't seen it for years but it had a few good racing scenes plus a lot of bad ones. can't remember the actors names.

Yep, sure do, that Robert Redford sure is a hunk :wub:

http://www.ratbike.org/motorcycho/movie_list.html

I highly recommend Knight Riders with Ed Harris. For you motojousting fans. Cheesey premise with decent script, budget, and acting. Motorcyclists as latter-day chivalric crusaders.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone remember a movie called 'Little Foss and Big Halsey' or something like that? I havn't seen it for years but it had a few good racing scenes plus a lot of bad ones. can't remember the actors names.

Little Faus = Michael J. Pollard

Big Halsy = Robt Redford

The sidecar race was exciting. I'd never seen that before when I saw the movie 34 years ago.