V 11 Tenni quest

Twin AH

Anyone know of or have a V-11 Tenni in pristine condition that they may be willing to part with.

Let me know.............. PM or other.

Ciao.

Tennis available ? Yes. Prestine Tennis very few and far between. I know of one in decent shape in CA. A rider. Not spectacular but appears to be pretty good. Check the c/l in San Diego . Should still be there. Ferracci pipes. No airbox. Headlight is meh . All fixable and solid .

Batt57 ............. did you ever receive my reply?

Ciao. :mg:

Just saw it now. I've been kicking around the idea of selling mine. #105

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a last gen LeMans and paint it as a Tenni yourself?

what's this crazy talk?? :wacko:

Paint does not make a Tenni.

Haha... in addition to paint, it needs:

1. A number plate on the top triple clamp
  2. Two seats (exclusive brown suede and standard black)
  3. A lightweight aluminum flywheel, with single-plate clutch
  4. Some unobtainable paperwork or certificate from Moto Guzzi

The rest is the same as a 2002 LeMans - or did I miss something? Too bad MG didn't put Ohlins on the Tennis.

Is there anyway to verify it's a Tenni by the serial number?

• A number plate on the top triple clamp
  • Two seats (exclusive brown suede and standard black)
  • A lightweight aluminum flywheel, with single-plate clutch
  • Some unobtainable paperwork or certificate from Moto Guzzi
The rest is the same as a 2002 LeMans - or did I miss something? Too bad MG didn't put Ohlins on the Tennis.

You can enter the frame number on the Piaggio website and it tells you the model. Mine hasn't got a numbered plate on the top clamp, but the frame number checked out. I think it's number 16, as it came from Scotland.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

''The rest is the same as a 2002 LeMans - or did I miss something? Too bad MG didn't put Ohlins on the Tennis.''

+ A titanium nitride coating on the fork tubes, and carbon fiber muffler 'sleeves'

yes, too bad about the Ohlins. maybe I'll find some :rasta:

''The rest is the same as a 2002 LeMans - or did I miss something? Too bad MG didn't put Ohlins on the Tennis.''

+ A titanium nitride coating on the fork tubes, and carbon fiber muffler 'sleeves'

yes, too bad about the Ohlins. maybe I'll find some :rasta:

Same carbon fiber Lafranconi cans as the same-year Scura, right? Say more about the forks, why are they special?

Lots of other options for the rear shock. But some Ohlins up front would look AND feel better.

I must admit I love the paint scheme; such a fine homage to the Carcano V8! :notworthy::mg:

This from: http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/moto%20guzzi/moto_guzzi_v11_le_mans_tenni%2002.htm.  I added the emphasis re the fork.

Earlier in 2001, Moto Guzzi introduced a reborn V11 Le Mans-the brand's first semi-streamlined motorcycle, thanks to a half fairing as standard equipment. The base model 2002 V11 Le Mans shares the same pedigree as the original Guzzi 850 and 1000 Le Mans bikes that dominated endurance racing into the 1980's.

But for this Special Edition bike one legend was not enough. The Le Mans Tenni is named for a second legend in motorcycle racing, the late Italian champion, Omobono Tenni. Riding a Moto Guzzi beginning in 1933, Tenni was soon winning everywhere on Italian racetracks and then won all across Europe. In England Tenni became the first Italian to triumph in the Tourist Trophy.

The Special Edition bike honoring his name embodies the remembrance of an enthusiast's machine from the past, revitalized by technology. The Tenni features the traditional racing green color scheme reminiscent of the dominating eight-cylinder Guzzi 500. New high-tech elements include a lightweight clutch that is "sweeter" and more sensitive on the lever, a titanium Marzocchi front fork, and a stylish suede seat that is comfortable for two.

• A number plate on the top triple clamp
  • Two seats (exclusive brown suede and standard black)
  • A lightweight aluminum flywheel, with single-plate clutch
  • Some unobtainable paperwork or certificate from Moto Guzzi

I think the Marzocchi 40 mm front forks and White Power rear shock are also exclusive to the Tenni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Marzocchi 40 mm front forks and White Power rear shock are also exclusive to the Tenni.

Wait, what? Early V11 Sport literature and press releases also said "White Power" shock, but none have ever been reported - only the Sachs-Boge with blue rebound adjuster and white spring. Earlier Sport 1100/ 1100 Sport had the White Power (maybe the Daytonas and Centauro, also? :huh2: )

Do the Tenni have a Sachs-Boge? Or White Power rear shock?