Moto Guzzi Norge VS Sport 1200?

JesterGrin_1

Thank You all for the good information.

But come on to recommend a Honda or Kawasaki for reliability over a Moto Guzzi. They can not be that bad?

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Are we heading to battle?

some could see a reference to battle. It pops up on the forum from time to time to reference the good times to be had while skinning ones knuckles and talking Guzzi with the like minded. :bier: 

As with Agincourt, no matter who is best, we are better.

The closest things I have had to a Moto Guzzi were an old BMW R90 and a 78 BMW R100S. 

:bbblll: Where's that :hurl: emoticon?  :ninja:  :oldgit: I've had two Beemers, too.. but I'm a slow learner.  :grin: The two valve Guzzi (pick one) is head and shoulders above them, JUST MY HONEST OPINION. No offence intended to those poor deluded souls that actually like them.

Guzzis routinely go over 100K miles without even doing a valve job.. if properly maintained. 

I had an oil head when I first rode a Guzzi. Unloaded that sucker and have never looked back.  :mg:

Chuck, Deacon,

Church of Guzzi

I had an oilhead (1996 R1100RT) for a long time. It turned into an appliance, and I stopped riding for pleasure (just commuted). I also had an airhead (1981 R100CS) - that had more soul than the RT, but there's no way would I go back to it from my V11. (Although my little brick is quirky enough to be an interesting commuter/tourer/grocery-getter and a pleasant stable-mate).

Scud, Congregant

Church of Guzzi

Thank You all for the good information.

But come on to recommend a Honda or Kawasaki for reliability over a Moto Guzzi. They can not be that bad?

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Are we heading to battle?

some could see a reference to battle. It pops up on the forum from time to time to reference the good times to be had while skinning ones knuckles and talking Guzzi with the like minded. :bier:

As with Agincourt, no matter who is best, we are better.

I am glad that this was clarified as it brings to mind more dire circumstances.

On a lighter note I hope we all have many more good greasy years to come. :)

As for the V11 I am not stuck on any certain Moto Guzzi as I mentioned I am brand new so I am open to designs. Thank You 

Well, if you *liked* the R90S, have a hard look at any Tonti LeMans. They are every bit as capable, maybe *more*reliable.. Guzzi didn't put the rectifier inside the engine cases, :rolleyes:  and more fun. Captain Obvious here, but as far as I'm concerned, a motorcycle is all about the motor.  :2c:

I've had 13 Guzzis of all sizes and types in the modern era, from the early V700 through the Norge, small blocks, big blocks, 2V, 4V, and I've loved every one of them. It's all about the motor.  :oldgit: If you are a gear head, and it sounds like you are.. give one a try. They don't let you forget you are "operating a machine," one of the things I like best.

• Like 1

As for the V11 I am not stuck on any certain Moto Guzzi as I mentioned I am brand new so I am open to designs. Thank You 

Well, if you *liked* the R90S, have a hard look at any Tonti LeMans. They are every bit as capable, maybe *more*reliable.. Guzzi didn't put the rectifier inside the engine cases, :rolleyes:  and more fun. Captain Obvious here, but as far as I'm concerned, a motorcycle is all about the motor.  :2c:

I've had 13 Guzzis of all sizes and types in the modern era, from the early V700 through the Norge, small blocks, big blocks, 2V, 4V, and I've loved every one of them. It's all about the motor.  :oldgit: If you are a gear head, and it sounds like you are.. give one a try. They don't let you forget you are "operating a machine," one of the things I like best.

I have to admit that I am a GEARHEAD lol. But no longer physically able to do what I used to do. Mainly work for hours on end. I could tell you about building Big Block Chevy stroker engines before there were stroker cranks available. Which means welding and off set grinding along with adding lots of mallory metal lol.  Or having to box in the original 426 Himi rods so they might hold up to some abuse lol. And I still say they are boat anchors lol. But look neat. :)

Even did some work on one of the first over 700 CI Big Block Chevy based engines lol. Down to simple stroker Type 1 VW's. :)

You could be right in that it could be the reason I feel a draw with the Moto Pizza Guzzi . Especially the more I hear sound bites with some good exhaust systems.

You could be right in that it could be the reason I feel a draw with the Moto Pizza Guzzi . Especially the more I hear sound bites with some good exhaust systems.

The Guzzi bug is gonna bite you HARD.   :mg:

• Like 1