V11 Sport with strange metallic rattle

Tinus89

Another two questions that came to mind when browsing for parts:

- Should I replace the rod bolts? They are quite expensive (35euro each), but I also don't want to loose one...

- Where in Europe can I get a Roper plate?:(

- Where in Europe can I get a Roper plate? :(

Normally Pete gives a shout that he's making another batch of plates, we put in our request and he ships them direct.

I think we could get a Proper P.Roper Plate on the moon if we know how to ask nicely, who to ask (P.Roper), and get the knack of cursing farking-arse colour-fully enuff. :grin:

Go, Pete! Good on ya, man. :thumbsup:

Well Scud's asked me to do a batch so I will and send them to him, then any of you lot in the northern hemisphere who want one can pester him!

My visits and contributions to V11.com aren't always regular as I'm more actively involved in CARC and most particularly 8V stuff nowadays, (They have basically been my muse for the last eleven years!) but I try to make the plates available on a regular basis.

Yes, there are doppelgängered plates available, probably cheaper, from the UK. It just depends if you're happy giving money to thieves!

Pete

- Should I replace the rod bolts? They are quite expensive (35euro each), but I also don't want to loose one...

Thanks guys, that answers one of my two questions, but what about the other one?

I am also reading something about a recall on V11 rods and bolts? I did notice the 2003-onwards have different P/N bolts and rods.

Thanks guys, that answers one of my two questions, but what about the other one?

I am also reading something about a recall on V11 rods and bolts? I did notice the 2003-onwards have different P/N bolts and rods.

Jaap linked the recall notice here (does it cover your engine?):

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14680

Jaap linked the recall notice here (does it cover your engine?):

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14680

Thanks! It does not! But my S/N is reeeeeallly different though... Crazy Italians:P

Anyway: I am getting the crank polished. Otherwise will be replaced:

- Oil pump bearings

- Cam sprocket

- Cam shaft retainer ring (bronze, for the updated version)

- Conrod bolts (better be safe than sorry)

- All gaskets/o-rings touched

Still working on a Roper Plate and the front main bearing still needs to be measured for replace or not.

That recall was super-early (Oct. 1999- Nov. 1999). I doubt any Rosso Mandello were made before late 2000. (?)

what is the build date inscribed into your headstock plate?