A new record for me, 4,000 travel to purchase a Lemans

not-fishing

Not bad for 63.

4,000 miles in 41/2 days, Jeep towing a U-haul box to purchase a Rosso Corsa.  

Rotten Jeep battery cost me half a day and many trips walking to / from Napa parts house.  Still I am thankful that I wasn't 50 miles from nowhere.

Also I had to come over the Sierras during a record rainfall.  Maybe that's why I was the only one on the freeway over the summit.

So that beg's the question that I've asked on the Wild Guzzi forum;  "What's the furthest you've ever traveled for a Guzzi Purchase?"

Mark

• Like 2

Where? I don't see a Rosso Corsa. Pictures - or it didn't happen.  :whistle:

My Guzzi buys were local. But I flew San Diego to San Jose for business and rode a brick home.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19273&hl=brick

• Like 1

Four and a half days on the road is hard to beat Mark.

I had it easy for my bike.

Drive to Christchurch airport (10 minutes as the light was red), catch a plane to Palmerston North (one hour ten), meet the seller who rode to PalmerstonN from Wanganui, (one hour), then leave the bike at the local Honda dealer (one hour), fly back to Christchurch (one hour ten), drive home (8 min cause the light was green) .

Then waited three days for the transporter to deliver it to Christchurch. It didn't start right away, probably pissed about sharing a truck with a Harley.

Then I had two attempts to get a box of muffins delivered to the Honda dealer. There is more than one motorcycle dealer in Palmerston North apparently. :P:

So it took 4 days to get the bike, but it was much less effort than your epic trip. :notworthy:

It doesn't count if you don't ride it home.

I bought my EV sight unseen in Denver CO and rode it back to Vancouver BC camping along the way.

Sent from my shoe phone!

I griped about buying my V11, new, from a dealer 125 miles away, but he put it in my driveway from an enclosed trailer. The Lovely Wife wrote the check.

I still have them both. :wub:

(Well done, n-f  ! :thumbsup: )

• Like 2

Fly and ride purchase of my first Guzzi (2003 V11 Le Mans). Rode home over 2500km from Port Charlotte, FL to Toronto, ON over 3 days. Not in your league, but an epic trip for sure!

Cheers,

Shaun

Not bad for 63.

Rotten Jeep battery cost me half a day and many trips walking to / from Napa parts house.  Still I am thankful that I wasn't 50 miles from nowhere.

Also I had to come over the Sierras during a record rainfall.  Maybe that's why I was the only one on the freeway over the summit.

So that beg's the question that I've asked on the Wild Guzzi forum;  "What's the furthest you've ever traveled for a Guzzi Purchase?"

Mark

Where did you go to pick it up ?

As I recall we did a three day trip to pick up the wife's V11, one day down two up on my Buell (she did not like that at all) and after buying the bike the next morning we spent the rest of the three days riding back in the Blue Ridge. But we really didn't go that far, it was more a matter of taking the scenic route.