New tires

Colorobo

I'll bite . . . it's cold and nasty out here, too! :grin:

After using up about 40 tires on the Sport, I do really like the Pirelli Anget GT. Others have said the same, but there are so many great tires out there now in these sizes.

A couple other considerations for you: your LongFrame 2002 has a 5.5 inch rear rim and was delivered with a 180. *Some* like running a 170 instead. *Some* don't. :glare:

Not long ago, Scud proposed using a "sportier" front so both tires wore out at the same time. I like the idea, but haven't tested it yet.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19602&p=213136

There may be only a few things on The Good Earth that feel better than a full set of fresh tires on your favorite motorcycle! :race:

I am using Dunlop Roadsmarts.  They were on sale and handle good.  They felt the same as Dunlop Qualifiers I have also used on it.   I can't seem to keep a rear tire on it.  I wore a set Michelin Pilot Roads iv pretty quick.  The Dunlops seem to last bout the same and cost much less.  

Actually all the tire brands seem to handle the same.  The bike had Pirellis on it when I bought it.  

Strangely enough, I've been a fan of Angels, too..but the Kid said they suck. Now, after bringing the Mighty Scura back from Socal, I understand what he was saying.

Out there, they wore evenly to the edges, didn't cup, flat spot, etc. Now that I've brought it back to Indiana, the high crowned chip &seal roads are tearing them up. The left side on the front is noticably worn, the rear is flat spotted in 1500 or so miles. He put classic attacks on the Spot and really likes those.

Strangely enough, I've been a fan of Angels, too..but the Kid said they suck. Now, after bringing the Mighty Scura back from Socal, I understand what he was saying.

Out there, they wore evenly to the edges, didn't cup, flat spot, etc. Now that I've brought it back to Indiana, the high crowned chip &seal roads are tearing them up. The left side on the front is noticably worn, the rear is flat spotted in 1500 or so miles. He put classic attacks on the Spot and really likes those.

would that be the Angel ST, or GT's Chuck? I used Road Attacks on my K1200rs and liked them a lot. Is the "kid" on the forum/pics of the Spot? We like Spots!

would that be the Angel ST, or GT's Chuck? I used Road Attacks on my K1200rs and liked them a lot. Is the "kid" on the forum/pics of the Spot? We like Spots!

He dosen't do forums much. He was the previous keeper of Lowryter's Greenie. He found the Spot laying on it's side in a barn after it had been lightly crashed. I'm out in SoCal as we speak pecking on a tablet, so don't know if Ican copy/paste pictures or not. I'm kind of a tech luddite..

28131861694_0c06a66884_c.jpg2016-08-03_03-46-55 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Ok, I think I've figured it out. It was a sorry looking thing, and had been left for dead for years. He got it running, and the transmission was whining. He brought it down and we put new gears in it and generally fixed all the mechanical woes. The fairing was broken up, etc.. so he repaired and painted it.

Uhhh, it rocks. :)

I just saw those three B.A.T. cars at The Frist Museum in Nashville.     A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y      S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G  !!!!   :food:

250px-BATcars.jpg

Wow,. were they touring or is that where they live? I saw BAT 7 hanging in a guy's shop in South Bend IN in 1988. Yes, Hanging! Friend of a friend. He finally sold it years later to someone in California, where it was restored. I'd LOVE to see them in person.