Full fairing on a 2001 V11

mjseymo

Dear All

I have a silver V11 2001 model and have got hold of a front fairing form a later Tenni model. As the clipons fit on below the triple clamp am I going to have to get risers to stop the controls fowling the fiaring as I think later models had the clipons fiited above the triple tree?

Anyone tried it?

Thanks,

Maritn

Great, thanks.

I would be interested to see people's bikes that retain the silver engine and red frame but have changed the colour of the bike to get an idea of how there look. Might need a separate thread for that though

I have  a Daytona fairing and lowers mocked up on a V11 Sport.  I'd be willing to part with them as I decided to restore my Scura rather than do a custom.

Ping me if interested.  Price would be about $350 plus shipping.  drdezmo at yahoo dot com.

Mike

daytona lowers.gif

Great, thanks.

I would be interested to see people's bikes that retain the silver engine and red frame but have changed the colour of the bike to get an idea of how there look. Might need a separate thread for that though

Try browsing through the gallery. I don't think there have been many repaints. I was just thinking that the Tenni fairing would probably look good on the silver bike. Maybe no re-paint needed. Break out the tools and let's see how she looks.

• Like 1

I have  a Daytona fairing and lowers mocked up on a V11 Sport.  I'd be willing to part with them as I decided to restore my Scura rather than do a custom.

Ping me if interested.  Price would be about $350 plus shipping.  drdezmo at yahoo dot com.

Mike

I would really have liked to see that completed. I do understand the curse of projects... so ...I'm out :helmet:

Mike

I would really have liked to see that completed. I do understand the curse of projects... so ...I'm out :helmet:

I'm not so sure you completely understand the curse of projects.. :oldgit: Once, I casually said, "Kool, I'll build that for you.." Ahem.. 12 years later (!) it was done. :homer:

The "curse of projects" doesn't afflict me too badly.  I just changed plans from a custom project for the Scura to a restoration.  The restoration is completed and I really love the bike.  I rode it on back to back tours with my ST3.  Preferred the Scura despite the lack of hard bags.

Right now I'm working on restoring a Laverda Jota.  But if I still have the bodywork maybe I'll put it on a spiney like a Sport or Centauro and make a Magni style sport bike.

Mike 

magni.jpg