All Weather Performance Tires?

swooshdave

Yeah, I did zero searching on this one.

Right now the bike has Michelin Radials but the front is in need of replacement. The rear had been replaced at some point not too long ago after getting a nail in it's predecessor.

But up here in Oregon I'd really like an all season tire, as I'm likely (ok, guaranteed!) to get caught in the rain at some point. I'm also a slow rider so if my knee is down the bike probably is too.

So any recommendations on a decent front tire that's got decent performance and great in the rain? Also do I have to worry about mismatched front and rears? I assumed the rear will wear and get replaced at some time in the near future.

I love Avon Road Riders for my vintage stuff, great in the rain (although looking at them it's a mystery how) but I don't think they have the performance a V11 demands even for mildly spirited riding.

Thoughts?

I know there are previous topics on tires/tyres but they are evolving so fast I had to ask again.

That Michelin looks fantastic.

It looks like the PR 3 is pretty similar too?

There are PR on there now, but I didn't know to look for a number. Will do when I get home.

I just put Dunlop Roadsmart 3 on my LeMans. I'm quite pleased with the tires, and they seem to be trying to compete with the PR4. I've only had it in some wet corners, not full-on rain. Lot of people here are running Pirelli Angel GTs, I like those too, but I think the new Dunlops might be a bit better - the sidewalls sure are strong.

I've run lots of mismatched branded tires on front and rear. I don't think it's worth worrying about - so long as your not running something silly like an ADV-knobby tire up front and a track tire in back.

+1 Angel GTs. I'm always just amazed at MC tire technology even in the relatively short time I've been riding. Truthfully just buy a name brand sport touring tire and you will be soooo happy. With a shagged front tire and the switch to a new set will be moto nirvana! Seriously best money you can spend.

• Like 1