Black Crinkle Dash

swooshdave

33300722354_5afa48fa2a_b.jpg

I think the later bikes (Scura on?) have an all black dash? Or black and carbon, or something?

Has anyone painted the earlier dash light section darker? I was thinking the crinkle paint like on LM1 top forks, or maybe the instrument panel on the 850-T?

It might also make it easier to see the warning lights.

My Scura and I think most of the 2002 bikes had carbon fiber dash panels. My 2003 LeMans had a black painted dash and light cover. I had both prices powdercoated flat black. Also went with black faces. You can find pics in the "Installing Speedhut..." thread. Warning: darkening is contagious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Scura and I think most of the 2002 bikes had carbon fiber dash panels. My 2003 LeMans had a black painted dash and light cover. I had both prices powdercoated flat black. Also went with black faces. You can find pics in the "Installing Speedhut..." thread. Warning: darkening is contagious.

I saw the one picture. What do you think, do you like the contrast?

Personally I think it looks better all silver. If you're anxious about being able to see the lights maybe you could put a little electrical tape in the holes around the lights. If that helps you see better you could then mask and paint jus inside the holes.

Personally I think it looks better all silver. If you're anxious about being able to see the lights maybe you could put a little electrical tape in the holes around the lights. If that helps you see better you could then mask and paint jus inside the holes.

Not anxious.

Do you mind taking some more pictures of your multicolor dash when you have some time? I think you just have the one in the other thread you mentioned.

Thanks!

Just seeing this on a bigger screen now - was using my phone earlier today.

Did you paint the cover already - or is that some very tricky photoshop work?

I'm not home, but here are some dashes from my my photo-bucket.

Sad 2002 LeMans dash:

IMG_5475_1.jpg

Happy 2002 LeMans dash:

IMG_5881.jpg

Sad 2003 LeMans dash:

IMG_2973.jpg

Happy 2003 LeMans dash:

IMG_4546.jpg

Scura (the Scura can't be bothered with emotions, she just wants to go back to the Redwoods)

IMG_2926.jpg

Photoshop. Faster and cheaper.

I thought I saw a picture of a silver dash w/ black dash light panel. I need to go look again.

I'm jealous. You guys are gettin' under my skin with all the gorgeous cockpits.

Too be fair you are rockin' the beer holder.  :notworthy:

I'm jealous. You guys are gettin' under my skin with all the gorgeous cockpits.

Too be fair you are rockin' the beer holder.  :notworthy:

Right? I'm thinking reinstalling it while my fancy electronic replacements go back-and-forth to Utah . . .

I'm with Scud on liking the all silver on the early bikes, but to each his own. They all look great to me! :thumbsup:

I'm with Scud on liking the all silver on the early bikes, but to each his own. They all look great to me! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'll probably leave it alone. Unless I have to get black gauges. So far the only thing that doesn't work is the trip odo reset. Not even sure how it's suppose to work.

Scura (the Scura can't be bothered with emotions, she just wants to go back to the Redwoods)

Nice pic...looks like the road near Ben Lomond...

That's very close. It was on 236 in the Big Basin Redwoods State Park.