V11 LeMans Fairing

Cdogger

Hey guys. Now that I have my license and I've been driving around, I'd like to address the cracked and broken fairing. Does anyone have one I could buy for my 2002 LeMans? It's champagne red. Thank you.

I don't know how badly damaged your fairing is but perhaps it can be repaired and painted?  

My body guy  Dusty (Central Customs in OKC)  uses 3M 04247 two part filler epoxy + adhesion promoter.  He filled, bonded and sanded.  Since he knew I didn't want to paint it, he was limited to working on the backside only.  

Not only is it an adhesive, it's also a filler that can be shaped and sanded.   I had several corners and screw holes that were completely broken off my side and starter cover that were remade out of this stuff.

You might also contact a bike or body shop the specializes fixing, like my guy at Central Customs.  Luckily red should be a easier color to match than candy green.

• 11 months later...

Hey there gents. I am done with my first year of college and I'm ready to get cracking on the bike. I'm going to upload some pictures later of the fairing and scratched can.

• Like 1

I see your in MN, does it look like this? I wonder if you could have my old Lemans?

IMG_0106-XL.jpg

do you know there's a Guzzi club in Mpls? we meet every third Saturday.. I can get you on the email list..

• Like 1

I see your in MN, does it look like this? I wonder if you could have my old Lemans?

IMG_0106-XL.jpg

do you know there's a Guzzi club in Mpls? we meet every third Saturday.. I can get you on the email list..

It does have the same livery but it has the faux titanium cans and a stock seat with holes in it from rodent damage ha. Just out of curuosity when did you sell it?

Update. I brought the front fairing, the rear fairing and the front fender (aka all the candy apple redish pieces) to a body shop and got a quote of $800. I think Im also going to clearcoat the tank and the side panels.

• Like 1

Update. I brought the front fairing, the rear fairing and the front fender (aka all the candy apple redish pieces) to a body shop and got a quote of $800. I think Im also going to clearcoat the tank and the side panels.

The good news is that there has been flexible plastic bodywork on cars for long enough that all shops should know how to fix it.