My 2003 V11 Sport Modifications

BLIGHT

Cosmetically challenged.

If you're 'cosmetically challenged' as you say, just post some pics of your bike and I'm sure we can help to beautify it.

After all... there are tons of opinions on this forum, eh?... :whistle:

BLIGHT

• Like 1

I like the sport fairing at that link (have to scroll down). But the fairing for the older California models at the top of the page is clearly a case of form following function.  :whistle:

Harpers has an aftermarket handlebar fairing kit too for the V11 Sport (about $250):

http://www.harpermotoguzzi.com/fairing.htm

Those are the old Givi (A750 & A755) bikini fairings.  They're popular on naked Guzzis like the Sport, Griso and V7 models.  I've seen a red Griso with a A755 that looked factory including matched paint and a metal Guzzi emblem.  

For some reason, they've been discontinued.  Perhaps that's because the new naked bikes have odd shaped headlights rather than traditional round ones?  I assume that Harper's still has a good supply since they are still on the website.

^^^^^ I had an original on the Jack All rig, and no matter how ugly it is, it just flat works. Doesn't look like it, but you could smoke a seegar behind it. 

35918714466_5dee454dcc_c.jpgreturn from 66 328 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Wow, never have seen one of these... sort of Mad Max!

Airtech Streamlining actually offers a 'Mad Max' kit for old KZ900's:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/kawiz/MadMax_JimGoose_kwaka_replica.htm

BLIGHT

I got my USB cable and FIAT adapter to upload a BIN file to the stock ECU using GuzziDiag.

Definitely want to remove the PCIII and cut out the "middle-man".

Haven't connected it yet to my laptop to download and save the stock ECU map, but that will be the first step.

Any ideas which .BIN file will suit my bike? '2003' USA model V11 Sport (although I think it's really a 2001, but carried over for sale in 2002-2003) PO and title says 2003.

Go figger... it's the model that has the fuel filter above the backbone, external fuel pump below.

No real major engine mods, just K&N pod filters and slip-on free-flow pipes with stock crossover.

Oh, and where can I download this .BIN file?

Thanks to everyone on the forum... this place is great!

Cheers

BLIGHT

Just a few 'Artsy pics' of the V11 beauty in the garage tonight under a vintage Coleman gas lantern light:

kCN3Od6.jpg

CC7qIAT.jpg

iawvN6C.jpg

ZE1EGDI.jpg

Cheers,

BLIGHT

• Like 2

Something about a Coleman lantern and a V11 are just right for one another.

True. Both are sturdy, get the intended job done, and infinitely rebuildable.. what's not to like?  :thumbsup:

• Like 1