Where does it go?

Amarrache

Ok, last time I swear. For the fuel regulator. The lower, smaller connector that looks like a hose should be attached to it had nothing attached to it. Should it? Is that connector for a drain hose?

Forum5.jpg

Open to atmosphere. No connection.

Last question about the V11? Hm . . . :blink:

Seriously, a V11 is like a musical instrument. You'll never be *finished with it*.

And that's a good thing!

I would not connect the two vents, even though I think several people have done so without any problems. I think one is to drain water away from fuel door, while the other is to allow air back into the tank as fuel is used.

It seems the bikes delivered to European countries came with no hoses on either vent. That's how I'm running mine - just ditched all the hoses.

No risk of gas flowing down from either nipple to drip down near hot cylinders? I would like to get rid of those tubes. Make for easier going when getting the tank back on.

I suppose there is a risk of that if you spill a lot of gas inside the fuel door housing. If you are concerned about that, you could pour some water over the tank and see which vent it comes out of - then run a small hose from that one.

Ok, so for the fuel lever sensor (put image up again) is the silver tip supposed to be able to move in and out of the black cylinder? Also, what's that red stuff that also got on my hands. It is sticky/gummy. Is that some sort of sealant to prevent gas seeping from where the unit attaches to the tank? If so, any ideas what type of sealant it is so I can reapply before connecting the unit back to the tank??

Guys, any idea about these two things?

Yes. # 1 this red stuff is some kind of sealant. Clean it all off and purchase o-rings  for the shut-off valve and fuel level sensor from MG.

You can purchase directly from Moto Guzzi? I did a search and couldn't find a MG site (at least in English) that sold parts.

Yes. # 1 this red stuff is some kind of sealant. Clean it all off and purchase o-rings  for the shut-off valve and fuel level sensor from MG.

You can purchase directly from Moto Guzzi? I did a search and couldn't find a MG site (at least in English) that sold parts.

I usually find all I need at MG Cycles  http://www.mgcycle.com/or Harpers Guzzi  http://www.harpermoto.com/ for oem. Harpers has a fiche as well. There are other vendors too

• Like 1

I usually find all I need at MG Cycles  http://www.mgcycle.com/or Harpers Guzzi  http://www.harpermoto.com/ for oem. Harpers has a fiche as well. There are other vendors too

I recently had great results with the parts website at MotoInternational in Seattle, Washington. Shipping to you, down the coast, should be very reasonable and fast.

I have learned to place the order online and call a few days later for verification of availability. I have found it super-helpful to have downloaded the correct parts "fiche" for my V11 and use that to divine correct part numbers from the assembly diagrams.

"fiche" ....... I guess that dates me huh? :oldgit:

Funny, yeah, me too, but I hear people referring to the parts diagrams like this.

Kinda has surprised me, actually.

I'm old enough to remember using microfiche cards and readers to look up parts. They were about index card sized, with micro images of parts diagrams that were blown up by the reader to readable size.  One bike model per card.They went out of style when the system went onto computers.

Google it if you haven't seen it.

No, the silver tip shouldn't move. That's the sensor.

Would a couple dabs of superglue in the cylinder be appropriate to keep the sensor in place?

I'm old enough to remember using microfiche cards and readers to look up parts. They were about index card sized, with micro images of parts diagrams that were blown up by the reader to readable size.  One bike model per card.They went out of style when the system went onto computers.

Google it if you haven't seen it.

I'm there with you. I'm also old enough to remember writing a simple computer program by punching out small tabs on a card (well, hundred of them).

• Like 1