2k V11 Sport What to look for?

wiggledbits

HI,

Sorry if this has been asked about before for this year/model. If it has please point me to the thread. I did a few searches but nothing came up.

I am hoping to go look at what I think is a reasonably priced 2000 Sport with a couple of farkles. Bike has a maintenance history with a local to me shop even though the bike is 100 plus miles away. I am not totally up on MGs got some BMWs and a Ducati all 2000 plus years except the airhead. Always wanted a MG.

My question is in addition to the obvious things like oil leaks, dents, scrapes, rust what should I look for? As I understand it the 2000 has the motor paint issue.

Bike has 33k miles, bikini faring and CF cans. Clean title.

Thanks for any help.

00i0i_e2NcNgOptbR_1200x900.jpg

Nothing too special on the pre inspection for these bikes. A Roper Plate might add value to me a Power Commander wouldn't. Good quality relays under the seat, tappy valves and a funny sounding clutch also good.

The bike may or may not speak to you they are quirky.

Here are all pics I have. Asking $3,400.8BB42405-E5AB-47FA-A2B5-D14A06BB6580.jpeg

Yes I see the 00 didnt have the black motor. I was told all stock except foe cans and fairing. If I wanted to avoid character I for sure wouldn’t have BMWs and be looking at MGs

For $3,400, I think you could find one that is all original if you are patient. That motor looks like it might have the 2002 fuzzy/crinkle paint. And it's not just the motor, it's the transmission too. If you really like that one, be sure you are satisfied with the explanation about the motor and tranny before buying it - cuz you'll have to convincingly tell that story again if you ever want to sell it.

Instruments

So... the original dash for that bike would have been a brushed aluminum with silver light cover. It also would have been mounted with two screws, not three. That means somebody has replaced not just the dash panel, but all the mounting brackets behind it. Why? Could be personal preference... or could be to repair damage.

IMG_6008.jpg