Origins of V11LeMans.com

Admin Jaap

On 2/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, audiomick said:

I would put that differently:

We love these bikes for what they are, despite that which they aren't. :)

This.

Colt rode the Mighty Scura to the Indiana Guzzi lunch last week. The old girl was making her "sounds" warming up as he was putting on his gear. I had to walk over and tell him that she was a BMF. :rasta: He just smiled and said, "I *like* it." (shrug)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The red pill/blue pill is from the 1999 movie The Matrix . A "must see" movie.  I hope you can watch this on a large screen / HDTV. You will never be the same . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Being a new V11 owner, I've only been here a short time. I admit this site has a certain atmosphere, of which I'm comfortable. As for knowledge and resources, it's immeasurable. Thank you to all who participate. Thank you @Admin Jaap

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 11:36 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

Are there many of us left active (or semi-active ^_^) on the forum that met you during that cross-country trip?  ;)

AFAIK @Mike Stewart and you are the only ones still active here. On the trip my ex-GF and I met Dave Gross and Gooddog in Seattle and on our last night in the USA we've met Don ???, Mike, Carl Allison and you of course.

On 2/11/2023 at 11:36 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

And recall that this was at least the second iteration of the forum.  As I recall in the very early days you changed software and we made some effort to copy over some of those early posts.  ...ages ago :oldgit:

Completely forgot about that! The first forum ran on text-based open source software. Not very stable, but in a short time there was so much information gathered, that the migration to the software platform we still use was quite a bit of work. I do remember you being rather involved in that. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2021 at 3:57 AM, Admin Jaap said:

I had to look up when I registered the domain name: 2002-04-16 13:55:03 UTC

Happy Birthday, V11Lemans.com! :bier:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3