Sluggish page loading

On 3/29/2022 at 10:00 AM, Admin Jaap said:

And thank YOU, for all the support you have given during most of this forum's existence! Without you I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago already. :bier:

I had to think a bit on this high compliment. Honestly, this community has been so kind to me all this time. What a fine collection of good people.  Evidently, this is almost unheard of on the interwebs. I have found no other forum involving any of my interests that rival the courtesy, patience, and willingness to help of our dedicated community. I am genuinely thankful. -_-

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers."

:sun::luigi:  :drink:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

47 minutes ago, docc said:

I had to think a bit on this high compliment. Honestly, this community has been so kind to me all this time. What a fine collection of good people.  Evidently, this is almost unheard of on the interwebs. I have found no other forum involving any of my interests that rival the courtesy, patience, and willingness to help of our dedicated community. I am genuinely thankful. -_-

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers."

:sun::luigi:  :drink:

It's called" Good-Z":D

• Haha 1

There is possibly an age factor. I am not certain, but it appears that many of us have reached the wisdom age?

I am on another forum about a popular console game, and you can tell some participants are a lot younger. Not that it changes anything in what they have to say. However they take offense easily if you contradict them. Sometimes message have unintended consequences as the intended communication is not read the same way you thought you were writing it.

Expressing oneself in English is also an issue for those of us who grew up using other languages. That brings me an idea. Do you think it would be good to use different languages instead of the one only?

six months in Italian, six months in German.... it would be fun! I think?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, p6x said:

Expressing oneself in English is also an issue for those of us who grew up using other languages. That brings me an idea. Do you think it would be good to use different languages instead of the one only?

six months in Italian, six months in German.... it would be fun! I think?

On a serious note: I have contacted the software developers if it was possible to make a plugin that instantly Google-translates posts with the click of a button. Like Facebook has. I'm sure this would attract a lot more V11 enthusiasts that are not sure enough about their English language skills. 
The developers reaction: Good idea! We'll get back to you on this. That was 5 months ago...

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

After this highly entertaining and educative interlude where we learned about the virtues of multilingualism, the pitfalls of ear twisting accents and the benefits of immersion when trying to master a foreign language, we will resume our scheduled programming...

The forum pages are again loading normally, it must have been a temporary glitch, nothing to worry about. Carry on :bike: 

I think I can lift an excerpt from that fun post to title a new thread . . . :sun:

[edit: posts on language etc. have earned their own topic.] . . . .

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24859-ear-twisting-accents-and-the-benefits-of-immersion/#comment-274326

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

Very slow server response this morning...

Makes it painful to read anything <_<

Yep, temporary heavy load on the server. Got a text message from the server yesterday evening. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2